HI! Beginner looking for tips :)

j150690

Any tips/sources/websites etc for a beginner wanting to learn more/improve knowledge of all things tech? 

Thanks in advance!

Old pre-warehouse Linus Tech Tip videos

EDIT: Tech-quickie is actually pretty good, although they can have wrong information sometimes.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

9 hours ago, Votivee said:

Old pre-warehouse Linus Tech Tip videos

EDIT: Tech-quickie is actually pretty good, although they can have wrong information sometimes.

I usually see Techquickie as something of an introduction to a subject, as their analogies often do make sense. But for most I would recommend it as a stepping stone to actually understanding the subject. E.g. watch the techquickie first to understand why you should care about a subject and then do some research into the subject itself.

Other than Techquickie, it really depends on what you want to learn and what you want to know.

If you for example want more knowledge on motherboards, but don't know anything yet, I can talk about Buildzoid's excellent analysis on boards, but that will be no use of you barely understand chipset differences...

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

15 hours ago, j150690 said:

Any tips/sources/websites etc for a beginner wanting to learn more/improve knowledge of all things tech? 

Thanks in advance!

cbtnuggets

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

On 7/12/2019 at 11:36 PM, Minibois said:

I usually see Techquickie as something of an introduction to a subject, as their analogies often do make sense. But for most I would recommend it as a stepping stone to actually understanding the subject. E.g. watch the techquickie first to understand why you should care about a subject and then do some research into the subject itself.

Other than Techquickie, it really depends on what you want to learn and what you want to know.

If you for example want more knowledge on motherboards, but don't know anything yet, I can talk about Buildzoid's excellent analysis on boards, but that will be no use of you barely understand chipset differences..

Thanks for the help! I’m a total novice at this point, so would like to just better my understanding of topics. I find myself watching LTT videos and constantly wondering what bits mean. I’ll have a look at Techquickie though.