Higher DPI vs Higher Sensitivity in Fortnite

FryhdRiceOnYT

(dunno where else to post it so its in PC gaming) Hey LTT Community, I am a bot a Fortnite and looking for the perfect sensitivity. After watching a few videos and Techquickie about the DPI, I dont know if I should heighten my DPI or Sensitivity? If anyone could advise me on what to do, please explain. Thanks!

It's a bit confusing if you're new to pc stuff, these 2 videos explain both the things you're wondering about

This is an argument I've had with many people over the years because it's a pretty complex topic. So let me *try* and break it down:

DPI is has many times your mouse pulls its position a second essentially. So if you're mouse is pulling more a second, you can move it in more places on the screen. Sensitivity on the other hand is just a software level change that just moves your cursor more depending on how much your mouse has moved. It's kind of a hard concept to visualize at first but this video shows it well even though it is on CS:GO.

So that's the end of it right? You should use high dpi, low sens. But no! The argument continues...

Others argue that some mouse clock too high with their DPI, causing more errors. Really I don't understand why completely, but here is a video by a Logitech Senior mouse engineer explaining why this occurs.

Really, this is why to complex of a topic to be worrying about for anyone. I feel the best thing to do is to chose a slightly lower than the highest DPI of your mouse and have a low sense. If you want to change your DPI but want to keep how your mouse feels, try this website. I know it works for CS, but I don't know about fornite.

I hope that answers you're question and doesn't confuse you anymore :P

important figure in mensa