Sapphire 290 Or Gigabyte 290

WiiManic

Hey,

I'm picking between these two, and I'm not sure which is better.

The Sapphire Tri-X is £10 more and would take a little longer to get here, whilst the Gigabyte Windforce one I could get delivered immediately.

Both come with BF4 and whatnot, so I guess I'm asking if the Tri-X is worth the wait.

I've heard and seen from the reviews that the cooler seems to perform better and something about the memory?, so it seems worth it, just want some confirmation.

I'm going 290 over 780 as it was cheaper and I don't need shadowplay/gsync etcetc.

Cheers guys :)

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Gigabyte has a better cooler. So keep that in mind :)

I would personally get Gigabyte

Gigabyte has a better cooler. So keep that in mind :)

I would personally get Gigabyte

Didn't the Gigabyte 290/290x get recalled?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Didn't the Gigabyte 290/290x get recalled?

I think that the new cooler is back on the market... think.

@digitalnav did an un-boxing on their Youtube channel so I can only assume that it has been re-released :)

Gigabyte has one of the best coolers on the market. I would get that one. They are also very reliable

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Both cooler designs have three fans so I'd expect similar temps/overclocks.

Pick what ever suits your color scheme. :D 

You could also try to find a noise comparison of those two cards. My gigabyte 280X is loud, that's all i can say. :D

who cares...

this :3

xfx-r9290x.jpg

XFX-R9-290X-Logo-Glow_1.jpg

<3

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Compare noise levels via online reviews (the recall may make this impossibru at the moment to get a better idea), the rest of the comparison would be too close to judge or notice...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HFA44GE is definitely the best choice. The Sapphire Tri-X is the top R9 290/290X right now. It's the best performer and best cooler on the market. Keeps the card cool and also runs quieter than any other cooler.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

I'd definitely go for Sapphire, amazing looking cooler and they are guaranteed to have Hynix memory :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Didn't Asus also take their cards back? So they were supposed to be available earlier but now they are delayed. A local shop should get them on Friday. Do you think they are corrected?

i would go for the tri-X, or the XFX card because damn this card looks good :lol:

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I wanted the XFX but as it still hasnt come out so i went for the msi gaming twin frozr clock was 1007mhz but running stable 1125mhz and its a great card was £335 on scan non custom pcb and back plate, i think the tri sapphire is a reference board so all those vram issues