1800 - 2000$ Budget

Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
1 minute ago, Absord said:

Thanks ! Now will I have a problem with overlocking from my NH D15 ? I’m confused from the past comments 

Nope, it'll be fine.

Hello everyone this will be my first PC build & I’m trying to build a beast for my money(USD). I’ll be strictly Gaming & Editing clips. Games such as WoW , Fortnite , LoL & Diablo. I’ve already bought my Case & CPU Cooler & plan on buying everything else on Prime Days. I won’t need a Operating System , Keyboard or Mouse. I’ll be running 1920 144hz single monitor but eventually going dual with a 1444 or maybe something better. I’ll also be getting the new RTX 2070 Super. 

If you guys think any parts should be changed to make this build stronger & better overall for gaming & any future possible upgrades please let me know !! I’m not worried if I have to spend a lil extra to make it worth it. I wasn’t sure to run M2 drives instead of Internal so please any suggestions ! 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WsmG7W

14 minutes ago, Absord said:

Hello everyone this will be my first PC build & I’m trying to build a beast for my money(USD). I’ll be strictly Gaming & Editing clips. Games such as WoW , Fortnite , LoL & Diablo. I’ve already bought my Case & CPU Cooler & plan on buying everything else on Prime Days. I won’t need a Operating System , Keyboard or Mouse. I’ll be running 1920 144hz single monitor but eventually going dual with a 1444 or maybe something better. I’ll also be getting the new RTX 2070 Super. 

If you guys think any parts should be changed to make this build stronger & better overall for gaming & any future possible upgrades please let me know !! I’m not worried if I have to spend a lil extra to make it worth it. I wasn’t sure to run M2 drives instead of Internal so please any suggestions ! 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WsmG7W

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($135.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($112.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.88 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H) not much worse but much cheaper.
Case: Corsair - SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1676.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-10 03:18 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Thanks but like I said , I’ve already bought my Case & CPU Cooler & I’m going with RTX 2070 Super. 

1 hour ago, Absord said:

Thanks but like I said , I’ve already bought my Case & CPU Cooler & I’m going with RTX 2070 Super. 

You can still go with the rest of the build. Just swap out the cooler, case, and gpu

Ok, so you're not caring about our opinion at all...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

If you purchased the NH-D15 recently it is compatible with AM4. A no charge adapter kit is available for older NH-D15. So one could go with an Zen 2 build without having to replace already purchased items.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

39 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Ok, so you're not caring about our opinion at all...

Not so much that I don’t care about your opinion man but I’ve only read better things with Intel vs AMD when it comes to gaming. Unless you can prove me wrong with the build you built me. 

11 minutes ago, Absord said:

Not so much that I don’t care about your opinion man but I’ve only read better things with Intel vs AMD when it comes to gaming. Unless you can prove me wrong with the build you built me. 

I mean if you really care that much about getting the absolute best for gaming than you should be getting a 9900k. But you also said you edit videos as well and so he recommended you the Ryzen build.

Also The new Zen 2 chips were shown to beat the i9 in certain games and even then for general use you're really only looking at a few fps difference. The GPU arguably matters more and so the processor won't affect it that much.

10 hours ago, Absord said:

I’ll also be getting the new RTX 2070 Super.

This is the same GPU I just ordered. I made a $2030 build with an i9-9900k + The 2070 Super. Now, it depends if you want to go with water cooling (I went with aio) or air cooling (not recommended for the 9900k)

It will also be my first PC build, and I think I did a good job with the part list.

Here's my build... I think these are all the parts. (Includes peripherals).

Intel Core i9-9900k (For sure)
Gigabyte Aurous Pro Z390 Motherboard (Terrible BIOS but good overclocking)
Gigabyte Aurous 2070 Super Windforce Stack(Potential- The entirety of your build is black, and this contradicts it, but, it might look nice and this GPU has a crazy core clock
Corsair H100x AIO water cooler (If you decide to get the i9-9900k, which is highly recommended, you should upgrade the water cooler because this one is loud and not that customizable, but if you go with a Noctua fan, please watch out when(if) overclocking!!!!)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (3200Mhz) (Since your going with the 32GB RAM)
Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD (HDD 3TB should last you a couple of years)
Sabrent 512GB Rocket m.2 SSD (Go with m.2- cheaper and faster)
Cooler Master Master Case H500 (Definitely- Spectacular airflow)
Logitech G403 Prodigy Gaming mouse (You already have this)
Corsair K70 Rapidfire slow profile keyboard. (and this)
Specter 24” Curved 144hz 1080p (Might need to get a better one)
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold (Your build is mostly black, so RGB might not be good)

I went with the M.2 instead of a normal SSD and I also got a HDD to put my games and my homework, etc.,

Since you said you won't need an OS, Keyboard, or mouse, That's already 130$ off of this build, which leaves you room to either buy a better Display, (although 1080p at 144hz is perfectly fine since you said you'll upgrade later- same for me) or, a better AIO cooler- my suggestion- because the H100x has literally no customization and it doesn't have the best radiator. I would go with the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 if you have a big case like the one I chose (and stick it above the motherboard, if you go with it, place it AFTER the motherboard is in with the bracket on the cpu)

Since you also stated that you were going with more RAM, You should probably lower the price of the AIO if you decide to use one. (Corsair h110i if you fine with the noise)

2 hours ago, Absord said:

How’s this look ? I’m gonna go with 32b of Ram & more storage. Should I use a M2 Drive ?? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PtDRQZ 

A few edits:

16 minutes ago, Seedname101 said:

Now, it depends if you want to go with water cooling (I went with aio) or air cooling (not recommended for the 9900k)

Why? The Noctua performs the same as any 240mm aio and is only really beat by something sporting 360mm. Also no one 

18 minutes ago, Seedname101 said:

but if you go with a Noctua fan, please watch out when(if) overclocking!!!!)

Again why?

Even Der8auer says it's okay.

21 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

This looks awesome thanks homie ! I might need to swap the Motherboard to one with built in WiFi cause I’ll be jumping from Ethernet to WiFi. 

This looks awesome thanks homie ! I might need to swap the Motherboard to one with built in WiFi cause I’ll be jumping from Ethernet to WiFi. 

In that case, here:

Thanks ! Now will I have a problem with overlocking from my NH D15 ? I’m confused from the past comments 

Nope, it'll be fine.

9 minutes ago, Absord said:

Yup I went with the Wifi one since I don't have an ethernet port in my room nor a router.

25 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

Why? The Noctua performs the same as any 240mm aio and is only really beat by something sporting 360mm. Also no one 

Again why?

Even Der8auer says it's okay.

I wouldn't suggest the Noctua cooling because I'm afraid that if you try to push higher than 5Ghz it might cause extreme thermal throttling compared to stable aio water cooling.

Just now, Seedname101 said:

I wouldn't suggest the Noctua cooling because I'm afraid that if you try to push higher than 5Ghz it might cause extreme thermal throttling compared to stable aio water cooling.

What nonsense is this? The top of the line air coolers cool BETTER than most AIO coolers with the exception of the H150i, which cools about 2% better. The D15 will provide better cooling than an H110i.

6 minutes ago, Seedname101 said:

If Der8auer says it's okay then it's okay.

Also Linus has a video showing the Noctua destroying every AIO that is 280mm or less in both thermals and noise. The only time it wins is when the aio has a 360mm rad and that's only marginally for almost double the price.

21 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

What nonsense is this? The top of the line air coolers cool BETTER than most AIO coolers with the exception of the H150i, which cools about 2% better. The D15 will provide better cooling than an H110i.

Oh well, I'm going to be overclocking at 5.2-5.6 GhZ so I can't take any chances. This is my first pc build as I mentioned earlier, and if my CPU gets damaged bc of thermal throttling then I'll have to wait another 5-10 years. Plus, I have bad experiences with OC. I had a Rpi 2b+ and I overclocked it with only a heatsink...

The same day it fried.

I still went to overclocking my rpi 3b+ after that one fried, but I have a fan and a heatsink and it's so unstable. I OC'd the GPU and CPU at around 1/2 a Ghz each.

I've lived with that as my gaming console, and this is my huge upgrade. I really don't want a fan because it just looks unsafe (in my opinion) plus I feel like I'll hold it wrong or something.

Anyway, I don't know. I just wan't something that's cheap for now (Since I got my AIO for 69.99) and will also help me get more experienced in overclocking and water cooling, because I'll most likely switch to a custom loop in my next build when I'm in college... *5 years*

6 minutes ago, Seedname101 said:

Oh well, I'm going to be overclocking at 5.2-5.6 GhZ so I can't take any chances. This is my first pc build as I mentioned earlier, and if my CPU gets damaged bc of thermal throttling then I'll have to wait another 5-10 years. Plus, I have bad experiences with OC. I had a Rpi 2b+ and I overclocked it with only a heatsink...

The same day it fried.

I still went to overclocking my rpi 3b+ after that one fried, but I have a fan and a heatsink and it's so unstable. I OC'd the GPU and CPU at around 1/2 a Ghz each.

I've lived with that as my gaming console, and this is my huge upgrade. I really don't want a fan because it just looks unsafe (in my opinion) plus I feel like I'll hold it wrong or something.

Anyway, I don't know. I just wan't something that's cheap for now (Since I got my AIO for 69.99) and will also help me get more experienced in overclocking and water cooling, because I'll most likely switch to a custom loop in my next build when I'm in college... *5 years*

First of all, do you even know who Der8auer is? He's a champion overclocker and a pretty famous one. So if he says a noctua is good enough for ocing 9900k than it's okay.

Also you're comparing a Raspberry pi heatsink to a PC heatsink. Both of those are built very differently. 

A raspberry pi heatsink is literally just a chunk of metal. 

A PC heatsink, like the one on the noctua cooler, use vapor tubes. The little tube like things you see going up into the metal fins are vapor tubes. They're filled with liquid vapors that evaporate and rise up when heated and as the fins cool they turn back to liquid and fall back down. Vastly different mechanism from any heat sink the pi offers.

Tl;dr

You can't compare your raspberry pi cooler to a Noctua or any pc air cooler. They don't work the same way, like at all.

17 minutes ago, Seedname101 said:

Oh well, I'm going to be overclocking at 5.2-5.6 GhZ so I can't take any chances

And using an liquid cooler doesn't automatically remove all risks when you overclock. If anything it adds more since it adds more points of failure that someone who isn't as experienced will likely not notice like leaks that'll cause it to perform worse or pumps malfunctioning.

5 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

And using an liquid cooler doesn't automatically remove all risks when you overclock. If anything it adds more since it adds more points of failure that someone who isn't as experienced will likely not notice like leaks that'll cause it to perform worse or pumps malfunctioning.

So no I won’t have any issues Overclocking my I9900K with my NH-D15 ? Thanks for backing this up homie