1800 - 2000$ Budget

Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
1 minute ago, Absord said:

Thanks ! Now will I have a problem with overlocking from my NH D15 ? I’m confused from the past comments 

Nope, it'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Absord said:

So no I won’t have any issues Overclocking my I9900K with my NH-D15 ? Thanks for backing this up homie 

The D15 is one of the best air coolers on the market.

10 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

And using an liquid cooler doesn't automatically remove all risks when you overclock. If anything it adds more since it adds more points of failure that someone who isn't as experienced will likely not notice like leaks that'll cause it to perform worse or pumps malfunctioning.

I'll note this for a future build (maybe for a family member if they ask me to or something), but I already ordered my parts through newegg and they are coming in tomorrow.

Just now, lee32uk said:

The D15 is one of the best air coolers on the market.

That’s why I bought it. I read too many good things about it ! It might be ugly but it’ll do the trick.  But I’m confused at this point 

17 minutes ago, Absord said:

That’s why I bought it. I read too many good things about it ! It might be ugly but it’ll do the trick.  But I’m confused at this point 

Why? der8auer OC'ed his 9900k using a Noctua cooler in that youtube vid I posted and as I said before he's a champion overclocker so he knows what he's talking about.

Also Linus has a video showing how the noctua beats any AIO with a 240mm or less rad in thermals and noise.

15 minutes ago, Absord said:

There's nothing to be confused about, no worries. The D15 is one of the best. It will out-perform almost all the AIO coolers, period. There's plenty of reviews showing it getting lower temps vs the H80, H100, H100i, H110i, etc. The only AIO that can beat it in terms of raw performance and quietness would be the H150i (since it's a 360mm heatsink), and even then it's only by a little. So, fret not!

19 minutes ago, Seedname101 said:

I'll note this for a future build (maybe for a family member if they ask me to or something), but I already ordered my parts through newegg and they are coming in tomorrow.

If you're family member isn't going to oc then a ryzen stock cooler will be plenty. If not then this will also do the job.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PnPKHx/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-acfre00061a

19 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

There's nothing to be confused about, no worries. The D15 is one of the best. It will out-perform almost all the AIO coolers, period. There's plenty of reviews showing it getting lower temps vs the H80, H100, H100i, H110i, etc. The only AIO that can beat it in terms of raw performance and quietness would be the H150i (since it's a 360mm heatsink), and even then it's only by a little. So, fret not!

Awesome your the best ! Thanks homie 

On 7/10/2019 at 2:56 PM, jerubedo said:

One last check before I order all these parts. Do you think I should spend so much more , to get better performance for the long run ? Better PSU or Storage ? Thank you for any suggestions. 

I also noticed you added 2 different Rams , I’ll be running the 32gb. 

On 7/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, Absord said:

Not so much that I don’t care about your opinion man but I’ve only read better things with Intel vs AMD when it comes to gaming. Unless you can prove me wrong with the build you built me. 

You clearly haven't been paying attention to the Zen 2 release?

40 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

You clearly haven't been paying attention to the Zen 2 release?

No I haven’t, I was content with this build , but I’ll start looking into that. This is my first PC build 

4 hours ago, Absord said:

One last check before I order all these parts. Do you think I should spend so much more , to get better performance for the long run ? Better PSU or Storage ? Thank you for any suggestions. 

I also noticed you added 2 different Rams , I’ll be running the 32gb. 

My mistake on the RAM, I forgot to get rid of the other pair. Yes, I'd say it's worth investing into a quality PSU and SSD. the TXM and 660p are already pretty quality parts, but if you wanted a step up from those, the RMX is pretty close to top of the line, and the Samsung EVO or PRO series are the best two drives you can get for reliability, rated write cycles, etc.

30 minutes ago, Absord said:

No I haven’t, I was content with this build , but I’ll start looking into that. This is my first PC build 

The 9900K is still the best gaming chip, although the 9700K is quite a bit cheaper and is roughly tied with it. For productivity the Ryzen 9 3900x can't be beat, and the 3700x is pretty good too.

Since you're doing gaming and editing, the 3900x is probably the better choice for you, even if gaming performance isn't quite as good.