Phone Line in the Network

-Cupid-

Hello, everyone! I'm new here and looking forward to receiving some help. If I can, I'd also like to help people. 

I'm not very tech savvy, but I try my best.

Over the last month I've install a wired network throughout my house. I currently have a 24 port patch panel with 6 ports running cat6 cable to several RJ45 ports in my living room and office area. More ports to come, obviously. 

My telephone line fell into disrepair long before I bought the house. I notice that many of the RJ11 telephone wall "biscuits" use cat5 cable. 

I would like to just gut all of the telephone lines and replace them all with cat6 cable and have a surface mount that can have both RJ45 and RJ11 ports. With the RJ11 port being spliced into the RJ45. Just in case anyone needs a computer port for whatever reason in the future. 

Can anyone recommend a good VOIP service for this? 

My idea is to hook up the VOIP service to whatever port or ports I feel need my "landline" phone and then just use the patch panel to dedicated them as phone only. 

Is this the best way or could it all be done with RJ45s only? I know nothing about VOIP or phone lines really. 

Almost all of my phones are rotary phones, so I know they need some type of adapter or even reconfiguration.  

The main goal of this is to have everything hooked up to the patch panel.

just to be clear. Do you want to rewire your house and switch completely do voip and remove the landline telephone?

Yes. I have a TP LInk TL-SG1024 switch. I expect I'll have to upgrade to a PoE switch, which I plan on doing anyway since I want cameras. 

I want to be able to use the old phones I had with landline. So I'm not sure what I need to do. But I want them to connect to the patch panel.  

36 minutes ago, -Cupid- said:

Yes. I have a TP LInk TL-SG1024 switch. I expect I'll have to upgrade to a PoE switch, which I plan on doing anyway since I want cameras. 

I want to be able to use the old phones I had with landline. So I'm not sure what I need to do. But I want them to connect to the patch panel.  

you will need a ATA adapter that allows to use a normal phone with a voip line.

also, how many phones and lines are you using? Maybe you should consider upgrading them to voip ones, it could be cheap and easier instead of using adapters

I have rotary phones that I want to keep in the house since they add a good look to the house. I understand I need some adapter to convert pulse to tone for rotary phones. 

That looks like about what I need. Thanks a lot! I can just plug the outgoing cables into my patch panel, right?