Teamviewer!

Go to solution Solved by Thermite,
30 minutes ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

Hey, I have a old Windows PC and a Mac and I want to transfer some files from my old Windows PC via Teamviewer. 

Is this Software safe and wont infect my files? I don't have any 3rd party Security Software, thank you if you can help.

Teamviewer is safe it will not infect your files. That being said you may want to just use a flash drive if possible it will be easier than going over the network unless the windows pc is physically far away. If you have any more questions just ask.

Hey, I have a old Windows PC and a Mac and I want to transfer some files from my old Windows PC via Teamviewer. 

Is this Software safe and wont infect my files? I don't have any 3rd party Security Software, thank you if you can help.

mac doesnt run windows viruses or malware, you need mac viruses and malware to run on mac, also, do you have your pc all filled up with viruses? use a antivirus!

to transfer files, just use a external hard disk, copy from one pc to the other

teamviewer is a solution meant to control the pc of a person that is far away from you, not to share files inside your house, you can transfer files via teamviewer but is slow, very slow

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

mac doesnt run windows viruses or malware, you need mac viruses and malware to run on mac, also, do you have your pc all filled up with viruses? use a antivirus!

teamviewer is a solution menat to control the pc of a person that is far away from you, not to share files inside your house

So, will it work? 

6 minutes ago, goto10 said:

teamviewer is a solution menat to control the pc of a person that is far away from you, not to share files inside your house

I'm wondering if TeamViewer was a MAC Virus, aswell.

did i said it wouldnt?

i said put a antivirus on windows, keep the machine in condition, teamviewer is really slow to transfer files, is your time and internet connection what will be used, your choice, if you have lots of files is easier to transfer files via a external hard disk, alot faster and simpler, but that depends on if you know how to copy files from and to mac

3 minutes ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

I'm wondering if TeamViewer was a MAC Virus, aswell.

from where do you get that such tool is a virus? seriously, the tool is free and you come with this?!?

4 minutes ago, goto10 said:

from where do you get that such tool is a virus? seriously, the tool is free and you come with this?!?

Can you please not be rude, aswell? I'm asking a question... 

30 minutes ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

Teamviewer is safe it will not infect your files. That being said you may want to just use a flash drive if possible it will be easier than going over the network unless the windows pc is physically far away. If you have any more questions just ask.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

3 hours ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

Can you please not be rude, aswell? I'm asking a question... 

you are asking if the tool i already said it is not proper for the task you want to do is a virus and if it works or not, the answer was already delivered, it is doable but is the worst way to do it

then you come saying it is a virus and that you have concerns about your mac that cant run windows virus and a windows machine that you have with virus

you came here for help, i alreafy gave it to you

if you feel i am being rude, imagine what i think when someone comes asking if one of the most used tools in the world, meant to be used to help others around the world is a virus

seriously, it is way too much, for me, it went beyond any limit

btw, i hope you manage installing it and using it, otherwise, you will need a mac forum with better people, perhaps more patient then me, usually that people doesnt work for free, so you can tell them for free not to be rude, you know

You can easily copy files using Windows share folders. If your both computers are plug into the same network. It's the fastest way.

Copying files over teamviewer can be painfully slow if they're not on the same network... event hen it's not that fast either.

But teamviewer are being real asshats and trying to extort people into paying for expensive license when they just use it for personal use (which is free)... After many years they refuse to accept that I use it this way simply because two of my machines use a VPN that are often connected to different servers even though they're in the same house.

We're not talking about a few £££ for a license here... they want HUNDREDS of ££££'s

So I'm looking for an alternative now as I'm sick of trying to reason with idiots.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

9 hours ago, goto10 said:

you are asking if the tool i already said it is not proper for the task you want to do is a virus and if it works or not, the answer was already delivered, it is doable but is the worst way to do it

then you come saying it is a virus and that you have concerns about your mac that cant run windows virus and a windows machine that you have with virus

you came here for help, i alreafy gave it to you

if you feel i am being rude, imagine what i think when someone comes asking if one of the most used tools in the world, meant to be used to help others around the world is a virus

seriously, it is way too much, for me, it went beyond any limit

btw, i hope you manage installing it and using it, otherwise, you will need a mac forum with better people, perhaps more patient then me, usually that people doesnt work for free, so you can tell them for free not to be rude, you know

1st, How am I rushing you? I didn't tell you HURRY UP or anything.. 

2nd, I'm a new User to Teamviewer so how should I know it was or wasn't a virus? Its like telling a new person "NO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS....." 

3rd, I know a Windows virus wont work on a Mac computer, I was asking if Teamviewer was a Mac Virus and I said that in the message.

4th, If its way to much for you, I didn't beg for you to awnser you could of skipped the post and went to a diffrent one. 

4 hours ago, MrMacintoshMan said:

3rd, I know a Windows virus wont work on a Mac computer, I was asking if Teamviewer was a Mac Virus and I said that in the message.

(...)

I want to transfer some files from my old Windows PC via Teamviewer

Really, how difficult is to access windows smb share from Mac? I made this once and it was very easy.

Share your folder on PC and access it on Mac, then copy files without any 3rd party software.
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/mac-os-x/connect-to-shared-folder-on-windows-10-from-mac-os-x/