buying windows 10

so  just built my first computer and i am running sparkly linux game over edition on it right now, i would like to get windows 10 for it on the cheap, but i dont know if all the 5 dollar ebay listngs are scams or not,could someone possible direct me to a cheap copy of windows 10 that is real or some other way to get windows 10? thanks for your time!

Here's a nice link to get Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-10-home/d76qx4bznwk4?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab 

In all seriousness, it's at your own risk. Those '5 dollar Ebay listings' may very well be stolen/grey licenses that either don't work or will be deactivated when you're using it for some time.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

If you want windows, buy windows, you don't have a problem running Linux so stick with that if you want to not pay for your OS. If you are willing to pay then you should pay full price, those cheaper licenses are not legal licenses for you. You are paying someone to be in exactly the same situation as if you just pirated windows 10.

I will never understand people that are unwilling to pay $100 for windows yet are happy to have hundreds of dollars worth of steam games that aren't even installed on their machine because they got bored of them after a few months. Windows gives you value for your money spent that no game ever can.

11 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

Windows gives you value for your money spent that no game ever can.

Plus, for that $100, Microsoft even includes some games for every user! Who doesn't love a quick round of Minesweeper or Patience ?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

On 7/8/2019 at 7:11 AM, ToxicVoid said:

so  just built my first computer and i am running sparkly linux game over edition on it right now, i would like to get windows 10 for it on the cheap, but i dont know if all the 5 dollar ebay listngs are scams or not,could someone possible direct me to a cheap copy of windows 10 that is real or some other way to get windows 10? thanks for your time!

https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

I bought this key a few years ago and it's still working just fine to this day

I have no idea if the really cheap ones work fine too, like this for example
https://www.electronicfirst.com/gift-cards/windows-10-professional-oem/

But I think it doesn't hurt to try if it's that cheap, it's up to you (please don't use your credit card, always use paypal)

On 7/8/2019 at 8:25 AM, _Syn_ said:

https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

I bought this key a few years ago and it's still working just fine to this day

I have no idea if the really cheap ones work fine too, like this for example
https://www.electronicfirst.com/gift-cards/windows-10-professional-oem/

Activation is done through the automated phone system btw, so don't be afraid if it doesn't work at first, forgot what the procedure was

It's all still a gamble though

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

You can also use a legit Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key to activate Windows 10.  Many of us have spreadsheets of keys that went unused, so they are very easy to find and purchase.

Thank you to everyone to replied to this topic, i wanted to get a cheap copy because my dad is paying for this computer and we already went 100 US $ over budget, my family is helping by trying to see if they can get discounts thru there work or school, i apreciate you taking time out of your day to help me out :)

10 minutes ago, ToxicVoid said:

Thank you to everyone to replied to this topic, i wanted to get a cheap copy because my dad is paying for this computer and we already went 100 US $ over budget, my family is helping by trying to see if they can get discounts thru there work or school, i appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me out :)

Kinguin all the way make sure to get the buyers protection. That way if the key fails down the road u can get a new one free of charge. Just say "The key deactivated" and they will give u a new one or your money back. So ya the 5 bucks for Buyer protection is well worth it.

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

1 minute ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

Kinguin all the way make sure to get the buyers protection. That way if the key fails down the road u can get a new one free of charge. Just say "The key deactivated" and they will give u a new one or your money back. So ya the 5 bucks for Buyer protection is well worth it. 

Ok, cool, ill keep that in mind!