Question for new case

Wolly9102

Hi,

I currently have an Zalman Z11 neo. But it's practically too small for my current build. It fits but barely.

So I am looking for a new case. I found the sharkoon Night shark to be an interesting choice. But I have a few questions.

Is this a good case?

Can I install my NZXT hue+ in the front of this thing? Because I have a few led strips controlled by this thing. 

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

On 7/6/2019 at 12:24 PM, Wolly9102 said:

Hi,

I currently have an Zalman Z11 neo. But it's practically too small for my current build. It fits but barely.

So I am looking for a new case. I found the sharkoon Night shark to be an interesting choice. But I have a few questions.

Is this a good case?

Can I install my NZXT hue+ in the front of this thing? Because I have a few led strips controlled by this thing. 

What about your current case is too small? Can you not fit your motherboard? Your GPU? Your CPU cooler?

Sharktoon cases are cheap for what they appear to offer because their build quality is low. 

If you're referring to using the NZXT hue+ to control the included RGB fans in that case, no. NZXT uses their own proprietary LED system, and it's not compatible with any other brand or type of LED products. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

If you want a case with built in lighting to be controllable by the NZXT Hue, then you have to get a case with NZXT Hue comparability.
As for cases that have a bit more room, I'd look for cases that can fit an EATX MB or are designed with water cooling in mind. Personally, I love my Fractal Design Focus G. With the HDD cage removed, there is plenty of room on the floor to fit you Hue or Hue+ control box. If you don't use SSD's exclusively, you can still fit it behind the MB tray because the side panel has a really deep recess for cable management and SSD mounting points.

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

What about your current case is too small? Can you not fit your motherboard? Your GPU? Your CPU cooler?

Sharktoon cases are cheap for what they appear to offer because their build quality is low. 

If you're referring to using the NZXT hue+ to control the included RGB fans in that case, no. NZXT uses their own proprietary LED system, and it's not compatible with any other brand or type of LED products. 

Yeah. My old case (Zalman Z11 neo) got a bit too small. My GPU took up more than half the case size in length. Also me not having a modulair PSU I struggled to close the case every time i opened it. The new sharkoon case is E-ATX so I have much more room to work with. Altrough the space behind the left side panel is worse than before.

No I meant If I could fit the hue and still had room to place the led strips. But this fits perfectly in reality :) 

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50