Air-cooled computer in a walk-in freezer?

I know putting a computer in a standard home freezer won't work, since they're not designed for those heat loads. But I used to work at a small grocery store that had two 10 foot square walk-in freezers with dual-fan active cooling units that could keep the freezer under 10 degrees Fahrenheit on days where the freezer door was open for considerable amounts of time (people in and out every few minutes), and around 0 to -1 on days where the freezer was barely opened at all. Condensation and frozen water was fairly rare, and mostly happened around the door shortly after heavy-use days (basically small icicles formed on the ceiling near the door). So, what would happen if someone put an air-cooled system in one of these? What would the temps be under heavy load? Would it make it possible to overclock the cpu and gpu to ridiculous amounts (like, 5+GHz on the cpu and 2000-ish MHz on the gpu)?

(I'm not planning on doing this since those things cost hundred of dollars a month in electricity alone, but I am curious)

Even walk-in freezers aren't designed to cool in a small locality (eg: the area of a GPU or CPU).  They're designed to keep an entire freezer-sized enclosure cold.  Which they do, very well.  I don't think it'll be super efficient, but the main problem is condensation.  The chilled air that will come in contact with the hot(ter) parts on the motherboard and GPU will cause condensation.  Even if the freezer has some sort of humidifier.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

1 hour ago, jasonvp said:

Even walk-in freezers aren't designed to cool in a small locality (eg: the area of a GPU or CPU).  They're designed to keep an entire freezer-sized enclosure cold.  Which they do, very well.  I don't think it'll be super efficient, but the main problem is condensation.  The chilled air that will come in contact with the hot(ter) parts on the motherboard and GPU will cause condensation.  Even if the freezer has some sort of humidifier.

Condensation is from warmer humid air coming into contact with cooler objects. Not from cool air coming into contact with warmer objects. (Colder air holds less moisture. Warmer air holds more moisture.)

OP: It depends on how much heat the freezer is able to handle. I don't think it'd work too well, and there are much better options.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

• 3 weeks later...

Well, assuming the Freezer would be able to take the heat from the PC, it would essentially be the exact same thing as putting your PC outside in winter. Just cold air.

So; lower temps, relative to the outside temperature.