Console Killer PC

Hey 

Basically, my ps4 died on me and since I kinda finished all ps4 exclusive games I was thinking about replacing it with a PC for 1080p 60FPS gaming since that's the specs of my Sony TV.

I have got a Ryzen 3 1200 (15$ worth) and would like to build around it to save cost but if its gonna be not usable I am pretty sure I can sell it off and but something else.

TBH I don't have a set budget but would like value for money

My usage will be for :

-Minor gaming as mentioned above

-Movies and Shows 

-Some browsing 

Thanks for the help in advance 

2 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Hey 

Basically, my ps4 died on me and since I kinda finished all ps4 exclusive games I was thinking about replacing it with a PC for 1080p 60FPS gaming since that's the specs of my Sony TV.

I have got a Ryzen 3 1200 (15$ worth) and would like to build around it to save cost but if its gonna be not usable I am pretty sure I can sell it off and but something else.

My usage will be for :

-Minor gaming as mentioned above

-Movies and Shows 

-Some browsing 

Thanks for the help in advance 

Hi !

Do you still have the motherboard and RAM ?

If you do, then it may be a good idea to start with that and buy a good value GPU (new ones from AMD & NVIDIA seem to have great value). That would be a good starting point. If you have to buy a MB, it may be worth to wait until september as long as AMD new releases are going to be a huge value for money. Buying new CPU related hardware before then may not be the best move.

Many people will disagree with me but if you have a good connexion, remote gaming rigs could be a nice solution (I've been playing fortnite for long on those and wasn't able to feel much of a difference (I'm an average gamer)).

I hope this helped

Good luck !

Just another engineer posting useful hardware videos directly to the interconnected network (AKA the internet)

Tech enthusiast. Check my channel out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FU1nfeGBBnw_bvHgWCqTQ

6 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

yeah, we're gonna need a budget. as well as which country you're in and whether you need os/monitor/peripherals.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

I was thinking about replacing it with a PC for 1080p 60FPS gaming since that's the specs of my Sony TV.

basically a used rx570 or gtx1660 will be great for "console killer". , depends on you budget

console specs are like medium graphics @ 720/1080p.

and remember to get a bluetooth adaptor for reuse your constroller

7 minutes ago, 20Cent Hardware said:

Hi !

Do you still have the motherboard and RAM ?

If you do, then it may be a good idea to start with that and buy a good value GPU (new ones from AMD & NVIDIA seem to have great value). That would be a good starting point. If you have to buy a MB, it may be worth to wait until september as long as AMD new releases are going to be a huge value for money. Buying new CPU related hardware before then may not be the best move.

Many people will disagree with me but if you have a good connexion, remote gaming rigs could be a nice solution (I've been playing fortnite for long on those and wasn't able to feel much of a difference (I'm an average gamer)).

I hope this helped

Good luck !

Currently I have a CPU only 

6 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

yeah, we're gonna need a budget. as well as which country you're in and whether you need os/monitor/peripherals.

Around $500, US Based 

7 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Ohhh and just the desktop with no OS 

8 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

basically a used rx570 or gtx1660 will be great for "console killer". , depends on you budget

console specs are like medium graphics @ 720/1080p.

and remember to get a bluetooth adaptor for reuse your constroller

Will it work fine with an Ryzen 3 1200?

Just now, Camelsmaycry said:

Will it work fine with an Ryzen 3 1200?

Yes rx570 would work great with the 1200.

Then get a b350 or b450 motherboard, 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz ram and a ssd.

With your budget you could do a itx build, or m-atx.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Around $500, US Based 

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: OLOy - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($26.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($37.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($214.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Corsair) 
Total: $499.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-05 04:48 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Ohhh and just the desktop with no OS 

the thing is ... people tends to get windows 10 on usb and install it to PC, but you need (to borrow) a working pc to do that ..lol

note that ryzen 1200 is the lowest end chip, however the am4 supports all cpu up to 2020, its worth investing a bit more on mobo / ram (good b450/ 3200mhz ram etc)

29 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Currently I have a CPU only 

Do you have the included CPU cooler?

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

just curious, why 650?

yes, better get a semi- modular psu (eg cx550M) which is much easier for cable management

29 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

This response is literally useless. Lol.

Make a build. Also tell people they need PSUs and Cases... Because they do.

2 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Also tell people they need PSUs and Cases... Because they do.

well, we dont judge other abilities, may be he can mod & reuse ps4 case & psu ..

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

yes, better get a semi- modular psu (eg cx550M) which is much easier for cable management

and is electrically worse... the cxm is a dual forward, which has some drawbacks like whining on higher wattage parts like my 1070 ti

This kills consoles. It's at least a small step up in every way from a PS4:

• The Ryzen 3 1200 is half the number of cores in a PS4, but it is significantly faster clocked, and Ryzen's multi core performance will outdo the older AMD processors. In most games, single core performance is more important than thread count, and this is almost twice the frequency.
  • The PS4 uses a hybrid CPU/GPU which both share 8GB of 4400mhz DDR5. That said this 8GB of DDR4 3000 is not going to be split between the two units, and will have significantly less CAS latency.
  • 480GB SSD is a huge speed increase from the 5400RPM HDD in a PS4.
  • The PS4 uses essentially an HD7870, which... Really anything from a GTX 760 or R9 270X would be an improvement upon... So the 1660Ti is a massive step up. (And hey! It's got its own dedicated 6GB DDR5 VRAM!)
  • The case.. I think it's about as cool looking as you'll get for $40.
  • The PSU market kinda sucks right now. On a decent sale, this unit would be like $45-50. (And in the budget, this is the unit I recommend.) If you don't need to buy NOW, then just keep your eye on the prices and look out for sales. 

If you do need a CPU cooler, I'd actually just look for a used stock AMD cooler online. People are always trying to get rid of them for $15 or so, and they are going to outclass pretty much any other $15 cooler.

1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

Do you have the included CPU cooler?

yes

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

great thanx

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($26.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($37.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($214.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Corsair) 
Total: $499.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-05 04:48 EDT-0400

Thanx

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

the thing is ... people tends to get windows 10 on usb and install it to PC, but you need (to borrow) a working pc to do that ..lol

note that ryzen 1200 is the lowest end chip, however the am4 supports all cpu up to 2020, its worth investing a bit more on mobo / ram (good b450/ 3200mhz ram etc)

will keep that in mind thank you

53 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

This kills consoles. It's at least a small step up in every way from a PS4:

• The Ryzen 3 1200 is half the number of cores in a PS4, but it is significantly faster clocked, and Ryzen's multi core performance will outdo the older AMD processors. In most games, single core performance is more important than thread count, and this is almost twice the frequency.
  • The PS4 uses a hybrid CPU/GPU which both share 8GB of 4400mhz DDR5. That said this 8GB of DDR4 3000 is not going to be split between the two units, and will have significantly less CAS latency.
  • 480GB SSD is a huge speed increase from the 5400RPM HDD in a PS4.
  • The PS4 uses essentially an HD7870, which... Really anything from a GTX 760 or R9 270X would be an improvement upon... So the 1660Ti is a massive step up. (And hey! It's got its own dedicated 6GB DDR5 VRAM!)
  • The case.. I think it's about as cool looking as you'll get for $40.
  • The PSU market kinda sucks right now. On a decent sale, this unit would be like $45-50. (And in the budget, this is the unit I recommend.) If you don't need to buy NOW, then just keep your eye on the prices and look out for sales. 

If you do need a CPU cooler, I'd actually just look for a used stock AMD cooler online. People are always trying to get rid of them for $15 or so, and they are going to outclass pretty much any other $15 cooler.

Thank you