Replacement to PowerColor Rx 570 that takes up one slot

Hey guys, I’m building a budget pc build and I need to install a wireless card.

Problem is that the gpu I bought, a PowerColor Red Dragon Rx 570, takes up two slots. Since the PCIE slot for my wireless card is directly underneath the PCIE 16, I can’t fit both in. I’ve attached a photo showing what I mean.

Even if I wanted to, I can’t 570 in the PCIEX4 because it’s still too big.

Any recommendations for another GPU that’s comparable and takes up one slot?

I’m running a Ryzen 5 1600 processor

D38FA5A0-006F-4313-BA80-F5EF5EDF2467.jpeg

You can put a 1x card in a 16x slot. Move the wifi card down 1 slot. It doesn't have to take up the whole slot

2 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

You can put a 1x card in a 16x slot. Move the wifi card down 1 slot. It doesn't have to take up the whole slot

You’re a life saver. I’m new to pc building so I’ve been watching and mirroring everything the videos do. I had no clue I could just do that. You saved me a lot of stress and extra work lol. Appreciate it!

25 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

So I moved the wireless card down just now, but there’s a problem.

This gpu is so goddamn big that the bottom of the wireless card ( which is facing up) is skimming the gpu’s fan (which is facing down).

The fan still runs, but clearly it’s still a problem. Even though they’re barely skimming, it’s close enough that you hear the ticking sound you’d hear if you held something against an actual fan. Any advice?

Wow that's annoying. Can you wedge something in to act as a spacer? 

1 minute ago, Sat1600 said:

Wow that's annoying. Can you wedge something in to act as a spacer? 

I was thinking about that too. My only concern was about damaging the ports or the wireless card. Whatever I used a spacer would probably cause the wireless card bend downwards slightly. I was wondering what the chances were of that minute bend damaging the port or the wireless card.

Do you think it's worth just getting a pcie riser cable, or just trying to use something small as a spacer?

It's hard to tell without seeing. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing and damage your system. But I have done this before (with 2 graphics cards) without a problem.

It's hard to tell without seeing. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing and damage your system. But I have done this before (with 2 graphics cards) without a problem.

What did you use as a spacer? It sounds like it's barely skimming the gpu fan, so anything small would work. I was thinking of laying a piece of cardboard flat on top of the wireless card, since they're remotely thin but still resist compression to a certain extent.

3 minutes ago, tahmid10 said:

What did you use as a spacer? It sounds like it's barely skimming the gpu fan, so anything small would work. I was thinking of laying a piece of cardboard flat on top of the wireless card, since they're remotely thin but still resist compression to a certain extent.

Folded piece of paper. Lol 

Folded piece of paper. Lol 

I'm probably going to give that a shot tonight then lol. If I still hear contact, then I'll probably just buy a riser cable. I found a pretty cheap one right here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0067WZH2Q/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the other end of this riser cable is supposed to connect to my power supply right? I just use a SATA cable correct? This is my first pc build so there's a lot I still don't know.

37 minutes ago, tahmid10 said:

I'm probably going to give that a shot tonight then lol. If I still hear contact, then I'll probably just buy a riser cable. I found a pretty cheap one right here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0067WZH2Q/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the other end of this riser cable is supposed to connect to my power supply right? I just use a SATA cable correct? This is my first pc build so there's a lot I still don't know.

I've never used a riser cable believe it or not 

15 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

I've never used a riser cable believe it or not 

I ended up just loosening the screw that holds the card in place. It makes the card drop down slightly and then I screwed it in a little more while holding it in place. That seemed to do the trick lol