Liquid Cooling C70

Ok, thinking about liquid cooling and I'm merely investigating parts and basing the research of parts on the idea of my loop.  I only have one "draft" idea drawn up so far, and yes I did it crayon...digital crayons.  Anyhow....

Yes those are 660Ti's Power Edition, I love these cards and I think I may just take the plunge of doing universal blocks with either swift tech's heat syncs or another company...

1.  A buddy who liquid cools said I should think about dual loop.

2.  He also recommended two pumps

3.  Opinions, ideas for layouts, reservoir and pump combo's or all in ones like I drew in the picture.  I really love the cylindrical reservoirs but i wasn't sure where I could mount one in the loop and where I would place the pump(s).post-301-0-16818300-1366854351_thumb.jpgpost-301-0-45766100-1366854369_thumb.jpg

post-301-0-16818300-1366854351_thumb.jpg

post-301-0-45766100-1366854369_thumb.jpg

1 - No, just no! No reason, very complicated, a lot more expensive and you lose the efficiency of your rads...

2 - No, again, not needed. By one, good one, and you are set...

3 - I noticed you putting a 240 at the top and a 120 in the front? Is that it? Those two will be really hard pressed to cool your components well. What CPU do you have?

Can you get another 240 in the bottom?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

This isn't so much a dead set in stone idea.  All I have right now is the i5 2500k at 4.5Ghz, my Vcore is at 1.259 and Max 58C after hours on Prime 95.  As long as my custom loop can keep up with the H100i in regards to temps if not better I think it'll be fine. 

As far as the 120 mounted to the front, I'd prefer to drop a 240 on the front push pull (where to put HDD cage as I have no SSD's yet) or even in the bottom if needed but the power supply cables would leave a bit of a struggle on that end of it.  My power supply is modular except for the 24pin and 8 pin to the mobo.

As far as your comments to question 1 & 2, I kinda figured as much but I wanted to get the opinions/professed experience from you guys who have done it.  My buddy is pretty novice in the liquid cooling area (only cooling a CPU) but he's normally good about reading up on a lot of things so I gave him the benefit of a doubt.  That all seems like overkill to a point.  Redundancy is great but only for parts efficiency I would think.

Your reply to question 3, that's def why I posted this.  With 1 CPU and 2 GPU's I kinda wondered where the line for more than 1 larger RAD is required.

Right now my GPU's are pretty decent on temps air cooled.  The bottom never peaks over 61C on heavy load and the top never peaks passed 65C on heavy load.  It's not an extreme matter of temps as it is building a quiet AND effiiciently cooled PC.  Those GPU fans are like a hive of bee's

Another thing....

Is there any reason to stay away from running your CPU outlet directly to your GPU's?  In my mind that would defeat the purpose of having two seperate cooling radiators in a way, but perhaps the water flow is so fast it won't matter?

1 - No, just no! No reason, very complicated, a lot more expensive and you lose the efficiency of your rads...

2 - No, again, not needed. By one, good one, and you are set...

3 - I noticed you putting a 240 at the top and a 120 in the front? Is that it? Those two will be really hard pressed to cool your components well. What CPU do you have?

Can you get another 240 in the bottom?

Another thing....

Is there any reason to stay away from running your CPU outlet directly to your GPU's?  In my mind that would defeat the purpose of having two seperate cooling radiators in a way, but perhaps the water flow is so fast it won't matter?

You nailed it - water flows through a loop so quickly, that loop order really doesn't matter. The temperature quickly regulates itself. Only thing, res outlet into pump inlet... after that, just hook it up in a nice and neat order...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Hmmm, I actually typed a post under those quotations stating that after I read your sticky section it answered all my questions. I sent you a msg about it also, but I just wanted to leave this reply to state that posting those quotes by themselves wasn't me trying to be a post hag trying to demand answers, lol.<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />I'm thinking then I'll possibly go Res->Pump->Top Rad->CPU->GPU's->Bottom Rad-> Res<br /><br />I think that will yield the cleanest look.<br /><br />I will def attempt to put a 240 in the bottom, I'll just have to get creative with the HDD cage as I'd prefer to mount that Rad vertically than horizontall on the bottom so the PSU doesn't interfere.

I am not too familiar with the C70, but I did have a couple ideas for you. Since you don't have any 5.25in bays filled; maybe a 360mm rad could be put along the top through there (nevermind, you have handles). Also, if a 240mm rad won't fit down bottom how about going 280 on top and a 140 in the bottom. They do have more surface area.  I know Linus hung a x60 (280mm) from the top of his c70. It looks like a 140 on the bottom won't interfere with your power supply. You can also mix and match (240 top 140 bottom). I have also seen the rear 120/140mm mounts used for a rad in between the CPU and graphics cards.  Also, keep in mind that they make different thickness radiators. 

So if you went 140 in the bottom you could try this thick rad:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_458&products_id=36996

And if you wanted to bust out the dremel and some mesh you could move the hdd cage backwards to right in front of the power supply. Then you could pop a FAT 360 in the front. This would require you to change your pump/res combo.

Good luck, and don't forget to measure twice before you buy!! 

post-301-0-14603000-1366886232_thumb.jpg

I like the idea of going 280 Rad, and it's not impossible to fit a huge Rad in the VERY bottom.

The picture I posted is from a user at our site.  I love his rig, and it is posted in the build log section entitled "Sperm Bank"

There you can see it's not impossible, just a matter of manipulation.

post-301-0-14603000-1366886232_thumb.jpg

On thing to keep in mind that can also help - buy GOOD static pressue based fans - not sure what you in mind. But Noctua, Corsair, Silverstone, Bitfenix all make decent fans. The right fan can make a decent improvement.

He also went 360 in the top, but I'm bothered by the idea of loosing cooling ability through the ends where there is not ventilation through the case.

Based on those few ideas as far as Radiators go, I could probably swing a 280 in the top, like this one

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-xtc-series/ek-coolstream-rad-xtc-280.html

and a 240 mounted vertically in the front bottom, I'll just get creative with the HDD cage.  Perhaps I can mod the cage to either go in the bay area or just slide it towards the PSU. 

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-xtx-series/ek-coolstream-rad-xtx-240.html

I'm personally not restricted to the idea of a bay Pump/Res.  I would actually prefer something aesthetically pleasing like the Tube Res' so I could show stuff off as make nice short directed runs.  It all just comes down to measuring things accurately once I get closer to the actual build.

On thing to keep in mind that can also help - buy GOOD static pressue based fans - not sure what you in mind. But Noctua, Corsair, Silverstone, Bitfenix all make decent fans. The right fan can make a decent improvement.

Alrighty then, I typed up about a paragraph with that quote above but for some reason it isn't showing with the quote.<br /><br />Whaler_99:<br /><br />Fans are going to be a big decision for all this. I like the idea of going with Noctua Fans since I'm using the O.D. Green C70 but at the same time I have blue accents on all my components (MSI Fanboy.. for the most part) and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that in this build properly and creatively.<br /><br />In the end based on performance first and then color I'll probably use fans that are black or something.

Alrighty then, I typed up about a paragraph with that quote above but for some reason it isn't showing with the quote.<br /><br />Whaler_99:<br /><br />Fans are going to be a big decision for all this. I like the idea of going with Noctua Fans since I'm using the O.D. Green C70 but at the same time I have blue accents on all my components (MSI Fanboy.. for the most part) and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that in this build properly and creatively.<br /><br />In the end based on performance first and then color I'll probably use fans that are black or something.

Put fans under rads. Use black electrical tape on the outside of the fans.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

post-301-0-29791700-1366931637_thumb.jpg

Ok, I think this could possibly be a good layout. First thinkg I need to actually do is move the HDD"s up to the 5.25 bay and take measurements for everything.

post-301-0-29791700-1366931637_thumb.jpg

post-301-0-74027800-1367410355_thumb.jpg

Not quite sure if this link will work, if it does let me know if there is anything there badly recommended.  ETC ETC, also, they universal waterblocks I'm gonna use haven't been decided on yet.

post-301-0-74027800-1367410355_thumb.jpg

see if you can move the hdd rack next to the PSU so you can put a 240 at the front also see if you can put a thick 120 at the back if you want to

I hadn't posted it on here yet, but I believe what I'm going to do is pull out the 5.25 bay as well as the HDD rack altogether.  I'm going to either go with some acrylic (which wouldn't match the case texture) or get some sheet metal to build a wall inline with the mobo tray that I can mount drives to on the back of.  This will allow me to mount a 360 rad in the front :D