Power light on case is on, but PC is shut down

I hope I'm posting this in the right subforum, if not, I apologize. 

So basically, two days ago I shut down my PC as usual, and it went through the "Shutting down" screen, and the screen turned black afterwards. However, I noticed that the power light on my PC case/tower was still on, and thar the fans were still spinning. This never happened before, so I got worried. I tried to press the power button once shortly to see if it would shut down - it didn't, so I pressed the restart button on my case and it restarted and booted up normally. When I shut down the PC again, it shut down normally.

I tried looking around on the internet to find what could've been the cause of this, but I couldn't find anything. Could it be that my HDD is failing? Some other part? Windows issue?

Gigabyte GA B250 - HD3P

Intel i5 7400 3.00 GHz

Zotac Gtx 1050 ti 4 gb OC

8 gb Kingston Fury HyperX DDR4

1 TB Western Digital Purple HDD

41 minutes ago, Jaga848 said:

I tried looking around on the internet to find what could've been the cause of this, but I couldn't find anything. Could it be that my HDD is failing? Some other part? Windows issue?

Could be that it didn't finish shutting down, and you cut it early, it could've been stuck on something or it's just a bug, nothing to worry about in my opinion

You could try using CrystalDiskInfo to see if your HDD reported any errors

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.