X58 build

Faisal A

Hi,

I am finally going to build an X58 motherboard replacing my AMD Athlon X4 760 with a gt730. Here are the specifications for my new build :

Intel Xeon X5670 

x58 motherbaord 

GT1030 2GB

16GB DDR3 ECC RAM 

RGB CPU cooler

Areocool shard case 

Edited by LogicalDrm
Links fixed

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

You can get an RX 570 as opposed to that GT 1030, usually it's hardly much more cost, if any for much much better performance. Also, what's the make and model of the PSU you chose to go with this?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

A couple of issues:

• A GT 1030? What are you planning on using this rig for? If gaming, you're going to be sorely underwhelmed. RX 570s can be found on eBay in the US for $70 if you're willing to watch, wait, and send best offers out.
  • Those Chinese "X58" boards are garbage. They use bastardized P55 chipsets, as evidenced by dual channel memory instead of triple. Running an X5670 without any direct cooling on cheap VRMs is going to prove suicidal for your board. The price difference between a midgrade ASUS X58 board and a Chinese "X58" board isn't that steep, and you're adding life to your system by going with a better mobo.

A third thing that I'd consider an issue but others may not: if you plan on overclocking an X58 toaster oven, that cooler is woefully inadequate. If you're not going to overclock...why X58?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

@fasauceome Good point. Just checked the benchmarks. But if you look closely, you will notice that the power consumption is 150W compared to the 30w of the GT1030. Haven't mentioned this in the original post but one of my goals is also power efficiency, cool hardware, and low noise (The GT1030 is passively cooled)

image.png.45b75e9b2cd9c5d3d7466de816360209.png

3 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@fasauceome Good point. Just checked the benchmarks. But if you look closely, you will notice that the power consumption is 150W compared to the 30w of the GT1030. Haven't mentioned this in the original post but one of my goals is also power efficiency, cool hardware, and low noise (The GT1030 is passively cooled)

If you want reduced power consumption, don't get the 5670.  shoot for lower SKUs along the lines of the 5650

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@aisle9. I will use the GT1030 for light 3D design on Autodesk fusion 360. A GT730 is more than enough, but I want it to be slightly on the bigger side incase I want to make bigger and more performance hungry designs.I know the X58 board are rubbish with the P45 chipsets, but so long as I can get the Xeon running, I will be more than happy. Also, I cant find any cheap Asus X58 motherboards.I am not going to overclock, actually going to underclock until I make more processor hungry designs. I want to have the lowest power usage possible

On 6/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Faisal A said:

Hi,

I am finally going to build an X58 motherboard replacing my AMD Athlon X4 760 with a gt730. Here are the specifications for my new build :

Intel Xeon X5670 

x58 motherbaord 

GT1030 2GB 

16GB DDR3 ECC RAM 

RGB CPU cooler

Areocool shard case 

Do you seriously need an x58 system?

I mean there is no point in upgrading to an ancient platform.

I have a x58 system, and performance is not that great as compared to ryzen chips.

I'll recommend you to get a r5 1600 and pair it with a b450 mobo. ASRock b450 pro4 is currently going on for $60. And 8 gb 3000mhz ram along with that rx570.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($116.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4 GB Gaming 4G  Video Card  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($52.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $429.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-29 12:56 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

@VEXICUS I know the price to performance is better but I don't have £400 to spend instantly. With the X58 build I can have it built for £150. Lets say I take the Case, psu, and gpu away, it is still higher then by budget