SG13 APU Build AIO or Monster Aircooler

macintoshme

I'm making an APU build, based around 2400G (Already have). I was planning on using the Gigabyte B450 Pro ITX board for its 3 digital display outputs.

My initial thoughts were to put a full size ATX PSU and a 140mm cooler in it (futureproof the case).

However, I haven't done an aircooled rig in a really long time. If i poked around with some of those pico power supplies, I could probably put a massive aircooler in it.

Any SG13ers with a full ATX GPU and a 120 or 140mm cooler care to chime in what their temps are like? I figured with the PSU pulling hot air off the chipset, it would be pretty decent.

29 minutes ago, macintoshme said:

Any SG13ers with a full ATX GPU and a 120 or 140mm cooler care to chime in what their temps are like?

On thing I do suggest is the 120 if you want to "future proof" as you say, because the 140 cuts off GPU length. Also, I'm doing an SG13B build for a client when Zen 2 drops and I'm gonna be tackling the 12 core with a 120mm, I'd be happy to post how that goes.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I hadn't thought about that. I was going to go 140RGB for max bling as I thought the 120 might look off kilter on the front. I could use tape instead AND that would make this all cost far less. I even have a spare ML fan for it if I do it that way.

6 minutes ago, macintoshme said:

I hadn't thought about that. I was going to go 140RGB for max bling as I thought the 120 might look off kilter on the front. I could use tape instead AND that would make this all cost far less. I even have a spare ML fan for it if I do it that way.

120 fans look pretty great under the front with LEDs, not all that off kilter. I made one up with a Thermaltake Riing 120 and a 1070 FE and it looked really good.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Completely eliminating the ATX psu only buys an additional ~86 mm in cpu cooler height. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I was thinking an ATX would better cool the VRM and chipset if I go CLC. Thoughts?

Interesting thought. With an aio the psu could draw air up from the motherboard and exhaust out the rear. Should help. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a Deepcool Captain 120 from Amazon Warehouse. With that in place, I was forced to do sfx(l) with an atx adapter. I bought the mesh Silverstone one. It fits perfectly.