Comatible or not?

wiss007

Hey guys, i got a GT 630 from a friend and i want to know if its going to work fine in my pc or not, here's my pc specs :

*Pc: acer veriton e430
*Processeur : Intel® Core™ i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz
*RAM: 6GB
*Intel® HD Graphics
*HP W2072a LCD Monitor (1600x900@60Hz) 
*motherboard " H61H2-AM3" 
* current power supply 200W

i want to know if that graphic card would work fine with the current PSU, if not by replacing the 200W PSU with "matrix atx-500w 20+4pin" PSU won't cause any problem for my pc i mean will it be compatible with the motherboard or not. Thx in advance

5 minutes ago, wiss007 said:

Hey guys, i got a GT 630 from a friend and i want to know if its going to work fine in my pc or not, here's my pc specs :

*Intel® HD Graphics

i want to know if that graphic card would work fine with the current PSU, if not by replacing the 200W PSU with "matrix atx-500w 20+4pin" PSU won't cause any problem for my pc i mean will it be compatible with the motherboard or not. Thx in advance

plug it right in. oh and edit:

Probably should upgrade soon. 

Edited by Rob Walsh

6 minutes ago, wiss007 said:

*Intel® HD Graphics

heres a good site that has specs on your motherboard

https://www.cnet.com/products/ecs-h61h2-m3-1-0-motherboard-micro-atx-lga1155-socket-h61/

Per Nvidia's website here: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-630/specifications

Your system will not work based on the 200w power supply. You need at minimum a 300w psu for the system. I would recommend a 500w at minimum so when you do upgrade (which I would say do it as soon as ryzen 3000 is released or wait for intel ice lake if you're an intel fanboy). Its a pretty dated system. An RX 580 is 1380% better per userbenchmark. which is under $200

3 hours ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

Per Nvidia's website here: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-630/specifications

Your system will not work based on the 200w power supply. You need at minimum a 300w psu for the system. I would recommend a 500w at minimum so when you do upgrade (which I would say do it as soon as ryzen 3000 is released or wait for intel ice lake if you're an intel fanboy). Its a pretty dated system. An RX 580 is 1380% better per userbenchmark. which is under $200

A 55W CPU and a 25W, 49W, or 65W GPU is not going to need anywhere near 200W...

A PSU in an Acer also won't be complete garbage.

@Comic_Sans_MS That is what Nvidia's site was stating, a minimum 300w. I know the CPU is 55w, and that the GPU was one of those three, but according to manufacture specs, a 300w is needed.

19 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

@Comic_Sans_MS That is what Nvidia's site was stating, a minimum 300w. I know the CPU is 55w, and that the GPU was one of those three, but according to manufacture specs, a 300w is needed.

It is completely irrelevant what Nvidia lists as their recommended PSU wattage. They have it so high, to cover for that one 1 person that will has an overclocked 32core threadripper, 6 8TB HDDs, GT 630, and the 200W bestec, pulled from their Compaq they got in 2007.

1 hour ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

Manufacturers always overestimate how much power you will need. Mostly to account for bad power supplies that don't deliver anywhere near the advertised wattage. 200w is plenty for this system

Hello, today i added the GT 610 2 GB to my pc but it doesn't really increase FPS in the game im playing ( WARFACE ) i used to play with Intel HD graphics on low setting and 800*600 resolution FPS was around 50-60 now after installing GT 610 i get 70-80 FPS in same resolution i was expceting to be much better since i was playing with intel HD graphics
PS: i installed the drivers