Internet slow WITHOUT VPN running?

VSoSSe

So recently I noticed a very strange behaviour on my XPS15. My Internet was painfully slow, i couldn't even watch YouTube at full resolution. Weirdly my Internet behaves normally when I am running my VPN (NordVPN). 

Speedtest:

WITH VPN:

27ms 133Mbps (down) 26,5Mbps (up)

WITHOUT VPN:

9ms 20,3Mbps (down) 29Mbps (up)

My Internet should do 300 (down) 30 (up) 

Also when I am starting the speedtest the speed is up there and then rapidly drops down...

I really don't know what could cause something like that. I already deinstalled my VPN but the problems still there. Until a few weeks back everthing just worked fine.

Most likely nothing wrong specifically with your internet but rather with your local servers.

I suppose you connect with that NordVPN to a server far away from you?

My logic comes from those times to connect - with VPN it connects slower but has higher speeds because the server it connects to is faster or maybe not so clogged up. Without the VPN you connect much faster  but the speed is slower which makes no logic.

Try running speedtest to the server that you use when you have the VPN connected.

Thanks for the answer. 

Well i had this issue for a few weeks but it seems like it just works now. I have no clue why. 

On 6/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, komar said:

I suppose you connect with that NordVPN to a server far away from you?

I connect to the fastest server in my country (Austria) so my latency doesnt suffer as much

On 6/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, komar said:

Try running speedtest to the server that you use when you have the VPN connected.

I tried many servers and all my other devices get normal speeds through these servers