anyone try dauntless?

xreaperx22

just discovered this game the other week, its free to play and kinda fun actually it kinda like monster hunter world only not as involved,like you dont have to stop and sharpen your weapon in the middle of a fight, i think its better than monster hunter world but thats just me,anyways if anyone is playing let me know. thanks!

I tried it yesterday. It seems alright, but it could get pretty grindy doing the same monsters over and over. The dodge is also practically useless. I'll give it a shot for a while, if you want to add me my username is the same.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 6/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, JZStudios said:

I tried it yesterday. It seems alright, but it could get pretty grindy doing the same monsters over and over. The dodge is also practically useless. I'll give it a shot for a while, if you want to add me my username is the same.

it does get a little grindy if you accept some of those quests but they do add alot of different monsters as you go,but some are pretty hard lol

47 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

it does get a little grindy if you accept some of those quests but they do add alot of different monsters as you go,but some are pretty hard lol

My biggest issue is the dodging. If you do a combo, it does the entire combo before you can do anything else, so at least 75% of the time I and everyone else gets hit I'm mashing the dodge button, but it just doesn't do anything. There's also a bit of trouble tracking the monsters when they're fast or jump in the air, but I found out the recenter camera button actually focuses you in on them, so I mapped it to my left trigger.

#Muricaparrotgang

6 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

My biggest issue is the dodging. If you do a combo, it does the entire combo before you can do anything else, so at least 75% of the time I and everyone else gets hit I'm mashing the dodge button, but it just doesn't do anything. There's also a bit of trouble tracking the monsters when they're fast or jump in the air, but I found out the recenter camera button actually focuses you in on them, so I mapped it to my left trigger.

yeah i agree they need to work on that aspect of the game,im not sure if you know but when the monster does certain moves like the owl for instance,when it goes to fly at you theres a window of opertunity for you to hit it at the right time and it will stun him,granted its not easy but does work if you time it right

On 6/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, xreaperx22 said:

yeah i agree they need to work on that aspect of the game,im not sure if you know but when the monster does certain moves like the owl for instance,when it goes to fly at you theres a window of opertunity for you to hit it at the right time and it will stun him,granted its not easy but does work if you time it right

Well then the annoying thing with that is when. Your swing takes so long you need to have a massive amount of distance between you and it before you swing. Every time I tried it I didn't have enough time. There's a bunch of annoying foibles and quibbles with the controls. I've only used the sword and pistols because the axes and hammers are so slow.

Why can't I roll when reloading the pistols? Why can't I run with pistols? Why do they take so long to put away? Why are they absolutely useless from 30 feet away? I've never seen a game that doesn't let you cancel reloads, especially when they're basically just cool downs. I also get a lot of moments of inputs just not doing anything for some reason.

Eh, there's more issues but it's not like you have answers. I'll still join you if you want though. Haven't gotten bored of it yet.

#Muricaparrotgang

22 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Well then the annoying thing with that is when. Your swing takes so long you need to have a massive amount of distance between you and it before you swing. Every time I tried it I didn't have enough time. There's a bunch of annoying foibles and quibbles with the controls. I've only used the sword and pistols because the axes and hammers are so slow.

Why can't I roll when reloading the pistols? Why can't I run with pistols? Why do they take so long to put away? Why are they absolutely useless from 30 feet away? I've never seen a game that doesn't let you cancel reloads, especially when they're basically just cool downs. I also get a lot of moments of inputs just not doing anything for some reason.

Eh, there's more issues but it's not like you have answers. I'll still join you if you want though. Haven't gotten bored of it yet.

LOL you make me not want to play! but yeah they def need to work on the controls,but if you ever played monster hunter world,id rather deal with these problems than play that game lol,i never used the guns except once for that one mission,i always use the pike,it has best chances to break off parts then the others and its a bit more nimble than the others.