Youtube Music

Tamesh16

I am just Wondering if anyone uses the service and what they think of it, 

i started using it a while back, i was never one to listen to music too often, but it has albums and the ads can be a bit annoying at times, but not as much as i thought. 

The quality seems pretty decent, its much better than listening to music from video uploads from random people, cause the quality can be bad.

I listen to old 80s and they have complete albums, so not sure if they keep updated on newer music.

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

I've used it, even the premium version and i found i was still getting songs from random uploaders so cancelled it and went with spotify

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

10 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

getting songs from random uploaders

yeah i have seen these, especially with songs i guess youtube couldnt acquire

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

10 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Google Play Music user since 2013 here.

The second GPM disappears, Spotify is the only worthy streaming service on the market, so if you're planing on using one, start there, and you will save yourself the hassle of importing your playlists.

I'm in kind of the same stance as I was a Google Play Music user since 2014 but left for Spotify in October last year after hearing the news that GPM would be replaced (not succeeded in my eyes) by YouTube Music.

It's a shame GPM is going to be dumped.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Just now, seoz said:

Spotify

10 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Spotify

I have used spotify and i will say it does offer a much better platform, the inability of youtube to acquire actual songs and just have random people uploading is weird, also they still recommend music videos on the music site which is even weirder, 

the main reason i haven used spotify is i am very selective, so cant just listen to a whole playlist,

55 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

I have used spotify and i will say it does offer a much better platform, the inability of youtube to acquire actual songs and just have random people uploading is weird, also they still recommend music videos on the music site which is even weirder, 

the main reason i haven used spotify is i am very selective, so cant just listen to a whole playlist,

Yeah, you have to pony up to get to 'select' individual songs

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

I've used a lot of music streaming services, whether it be because I get a free trial or it was recommended by a friend etc, but I always come back to Spotify, its one of the few services in general I'm happy to spend the money on as they do work with the user I find, making playlists of stuff similar to what you've been listening to and even breaking up the genres but also not forcing this stuff down your throat, they keep on top of both their mobile and PC apps which seems to be a rarity these days as the smartphone rapidly takes over the world, and its just easy to use and if you do some digging in the options, actually has quite a lot you can fiddle with and change which personally I love, the fact I've met a lot of Apple product junkies who prefer to have Spotify installed one their phone then Apple Music says a lot to me as well.

5 hours ago, Big Boi Lime said:

I've used a lot of music streaming services, whether it be because I get a free trial or it was recommended by a friend etc, but I always come back to Spotify, its one of the few services in general I'm happy to spend the money on as they do work with the user I find, making playlists of stuff similar to what you've been listening to and even breaking up the genres but also not forcing this stuff down your throat, they keep on top of both their mobile and PC apps which seems to be a rarity these days as the smartphone rapidly takes over the world, and its just easy to use and if you do some digging in the options, actually has quite a lot you can fiddle with and change which personally I love, the fact I've met a lot of Apple product junkies who prefer to have Spotify installed one their phone then Apple Music says a lot to me as well.

hellen is in there to!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

On 6/19/2019 at 9:49 PM, Tamesh16 said:

I am just Wondering if anyone uses the service and what they think of it, 

i started using it a while back, i was never one to listen to music too often, but it has albums and the ads can be a bit annoying at times, but not as much as i thought. 

The quality seems pretty decent, its much better than listening to music from video uploads from random people, cause the quality can be bad.

I listen to old 80s and they have complete albums, so not sure if they keep updated on newer music.

I've used it and its er.. horrid at the very least, also wanted more quality so went to stream tidal through roon. Youtube music needs a tonne of improvements, not just to be youtube with all the "normal" videos cut out.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Tried it and its OK, but imo spotify is better/cheaper.

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold