AsRock motherboads

how are AsRock mobos for z390, z370 and h370 chipsets in june 2019? and how are they in regards of performance and build quality relative to asus, msi and gigabyte mobos. TIA

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

they are fine. but i dont see why you would invest into a intel 300 series plattform with Zen arriving in like 2 weeks. 

I agree. Zen 2 is out very soon. It's worth the wait IMO.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a generalisation, I find Asrock are faster at providing bios updates and do so for longer than Asus. I really don't like MSI's bios in general, and they seem to slack on updates. No significant experience with Gigabyte to compare. Why the focus on bios? It is a balance of feature/compatibility/security updates. Before anyone says anything, this applies to both Intel and AMD mobos.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 hours ago, porina said:

As a generalisation, I find Asrock are faster at providing bios updates and do so for longer than Asus. I really don't like MSI's bios in general, and they seem to slack on updates. No significant experience with Gigabyte to compare. Why the focus on bios? It is a balance of feature/compatibility/security updates. Before anyone says anything, this applies to both Intel and AMD mobos.

I personally like Asus BIOS. Not much experience with ASRock. The most recent gigabyte board I've used was probably with Sandy Bridge or some AM3. Maybe they improved but their BIOS sucked back then.

As for build quality ASRock is bang for the buck MSI has generally also good price/performance. Asus is a bit more expensive but their website/support/BIOS/QVL/support list are better than competition. Especially website is IMO way better compared to ASRock (their website is IMO nightmare) that's actually why I passed on them recently. I refuse to spend couple hours figuring out if it's compatible what BIOS is the right one etc. But on the other hand I wanted to be sure as the PC wasn't for me.

Maybe unrelated but a friend had horrible OC results on Gigabyte board (cheap AM4), but he's new to PC so maybe he's just bad at OC.

22 minutes ago, krysta24 said:

As for build quality ASRock is bang for the buck MSI has generally also good price/performance. Asus is a bit more expensive but their website/support/BIOS/QVL/support list are better than competition. Especially website is IMO way better compared to ASRock (their website is IMO nightmare) that's actually why I passed on them recently. I refuse to spend couple hours figuring out if it's compatible what BIOS is the right one etc. But on the other hand I wanted to be sure as the PC wasn't for me.

I actually went the other way, from Asus to Asrock. I was fed up with slow or non-existent updates from Asus, and their boards of a comparable build/feature set were more expensive than Asrock. I haven't found any advantage to Asus in compatibility or eventual overclocking potential, at least at my level which doesn't involve LN2. Websites for all mobo manufacturers seem to be pretty much the same to me. I just search for the model, hit the support tab and get my downloads there.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 hours ago, porina said:

I actually went the other way, from Asus to Asrock. I was fed up with slow or non-existent updates from Asus, and their boards of a comparable build/feature set were more expensive than Asrock. I haven't found any advantage to Asus in compatibility or eventual overclocking potential, at least at my level which doesn't involve LN2. Websites for all mobo manufacturers seem to be pretty much the same to me. I just search for the model, hit the support tab and get my downloads there.

I guess it depends on personal taste and experience. Even lowest end PRIME B450M-K gets new BIOS like every 2 months. About website I tried finding QVL memory list, CPU support list and latest BIOS for asrock b450m pro4. It was all over the place - like 2 totally different sites. Getting this gibberish after clicking on exact board. I don´t care about your other 20+ boards. (+qvl I had to google it, I couldn´t find it in support)

cpu support.PNG

memory QVL.PNG

bios.PNG