Cooling in hp -15 laptop series

Go to solution Solved by Semper,

the ventilation on your topmost picture appears to be a blower fan (as to be expected in a laptop) with a heatpipe running atop the CPU. so far as I can tell (limited sources) it's the only fan in the system.

Can someone please explain how does hp -15 laptop series cool itself, especially hp15g-br106tx.

I cant see intake fans on this device 

Neither any visible vent.

How does this thing even cool itself.

15608506584816184226693223427147.jpg

15608506860315980450680783629833.jpg

fans literally suck air wherever there is a cutout, the side cutout is the exhaust and I would assume that there is an intake IN the keyboard.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I literally see 2 vents in 2 photos my man..

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

the ventilation on your topmost picture appears to be a blower fan (as to be expected in a laptop) with a heatpipe running atop the CPU. so far as I can tell (limited sources) it's the only fan in the system.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

look through any of these ifixit repairs and you will see exactly what you are looking for 

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/HP_15_Series

even better if your model is there (i tried to see but couldnt be sure) 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

2 hours ago, Levent said:

fans literally suck air wherever there is a cutout, the side cutout is the exhaust and I would assume that there is an intake IN the keyboard.

Well I thought so too 

But i cant feel any air being sucked in nor is there any differential dust collection to be sure of

And i literally dont wish to open it up to check as i am still under warranty period.

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I literally see 2 vents in 2 photos my man..

I meant intake vents and fans.

The major one is output vent as i can feel hot air coming out of it.

And the minor one 

I cant see a fan nor can i feel air being sucked in.

Though i can see heat pipes over this one.

That's why i wanted to know how this thing cools itself.

34 minutes ago, Rukul Singh said:

I meant intake vents and fans.

The major one is output vent as i can feel hot air coming out of it.

And the minor one 

I cant see a fan nor can i feel air being sucked in.

Though i can see heat pipes over this one.

That's why i wanted to know how this thing cools itself.

Those vents also suck air in. MacBooks have 2 fans but you can’t see them from the outside. Heat pipes are used to distribute the heat and dissipate   it. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD