Moving partition form drive to another drive

CagenHD

Hi, my hdd have started to be troublesome and i want to transfer my windows partition to a ssd is that possible or do i need to clone the whole drive to the ssd?

8 minutes ago, CagenHD said:

Hi, my hdd have started to be troublesome and i want to transfer my windows partition to a ssd is that possible or do i need to clone the whole drive to the ssd?

I think that it’s possible to clone just a partition, but it may be easier just to clone the whole drive. Check out Aomei Backupper for cloning the whole drive or Aomei Partition Assistant for just cloning the partition.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Would this also more the os? and do i have to delete the original os partition to get the computer to boot from the new os partition?

3 minutes ago, CagenHD said:

Would this also more the os? and do i have to delete the original os partition to get the computer to boot from the new os partition?

Most likely you would have to clone the whole drive to get your OS moved over as well, but I don’t know for sure.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Instead of cloning, you can back up just specific partitions and restore them to another drive. But if you are doing this for the OS you gotta back up and restore the 1-3 other hidden partitions too, not just the C (OS) volume. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)