Is this a good Deal?

Justinzonfire

I have an MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z I got on Black Friday for $550. I Guy is willing to trade me that, plus $150 cash for a brand new RTX 2080 FTW3 Hybrid. I can assume this guy is legit due to mutual friends I've asked. Should I do it, or sell my card and wait for the new Super line up and the new Navi cards to come out?

PC Set up 

CPU: I9-9900k

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro-Wifi

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gamin Z 

Cooling: Cooler Master ML360R AIO

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB 3000MHZ (8GB X 2) 

RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro Lighting Enhancement Kit (0GB X 2) 

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB 

Build Log found here:

I would say this is a great deal, especially if your card is used and his not.

Calculate like the following:

Before New Releases:

Pay $150, because what you spent originally is unimportant, to get a new RTX2080 FTW3 Hybrid (Good Card)

After New Release:

You sold your card for $450, now you have to pay something between 200 and 300 bucks depending on where the "old" cards will end up in pricing.

17 minutes ago, Justinzonfire said:

I have an MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z I got on Black Friday for $550. I Guy is willing to trade me that, plus $150 cash for a brand new RTX 2080 FTW3 Hybrid.

Seems like a fair deal. Looking at new prices it looks like the Gaming Z 2070 is around $575 while the 2080 FTW3 Hybrid is around $800, about a $225 difference new so $150 plus the Gaming Z seems like a pretty fair deal for both parties imo.

17 minutes ago, Justinzonfire said:

Should I do it, or sell my card and wait for the new Super line up and the new Navi cards to come out?

From the Navi based cards we've seen so far, they don't really offer much benefit over the RTX2070. From the performance figures we've seen so far provided by AMD, it would be pretty pointless to sell a 2070 to try and buy a 5700 XT. If you were looking to buy either new then it might be a different story as the RX 5700 XT is going to start at $450 which should make it a little cheaper than the RTX 2070, but since you already own the RTX 2070 and would be selling it as a used card you will at best break even and will only get roughly equal performance for it from the RX 5700 XT. Doesn't make any sense to go through the effort to end up where you started.

As far as the Super cards go from Nvidia - Nobody knows. Right now the only information about them is rumours and gossip. Will just have to wait to see what Nvidia says when they release information about them and ultimately when we see some independent reviews.

The question is do you even need to change your current card? The RTX2070 is a pretty powerful card. Are you finding that the RTX2070 is not meeting your demands? What resolution/refresh rate are you running?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

45 minutes ago, Spotty said:

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

The question is do you even need to change your current card? The RTX2070 is a pretty powerful card. Are you finding that the RTX2070 is not meeting your demands? What resolution/refresh rate are you running?

Kind of. 1080p 144hz is my goal for most of my games, and it's just not there for some on highest settings. Plus having nice components like this, I REALLY want to try to future proof as much as I can. Getting married next year and don't know the next time I can upgrade lol 

PC Set up 

Build Log found here:

10 minutes ago, caspar! said:

I would say this is a great deal, especially if your card is used and his not.

Calculate like the following:

Before New Releases:

Pay $150, because what you spent originally is unimportant, to get a new RTX2080 FTW3 Hybrid (Good Card)

After New Release:

You sold your card for $450, now you have to pay something between 200 and 300 bucks depending on where the "old" cards will end up in pricing.

Pretty much what I was thinking!

PC Set up 

Build Log found here: