huge problem with pc in games help needed asap

okay so basicaly.. Im runnin an i5 7400 and a gtx 1060 6gb paired with 8gb ddr4 ram and a 1tb 7200rpm hard drive, 650w power suply and windows 10 64bit.

Ive got this weird problem where i would get lower fps in game like 30 or 40fps lower than normal and screen would look little worse too aswell as i get input lag paired with all that until i reinstall my gpu drivers.

Reinstallin them with ddu in safe mode and installin new derivers completely solves all the problems. Well atleast for few hours or until i reboot my pc. Then its all crapy again.

Ive tried different drivers but like thts the only thing i tried couse i dont  wanna spend my money  on new parts just to test it so yeah. Also ivew been struglin with this for months and didnt find any answers online.

gpu temps are runnin around 65degrees and cpus runnin around 55. 

gpu usage on +90% and cpu on 60- 70%

if you could help in any way possible i would very much appreciate it. Ty in advance.

ps. clean install of windows helped until the next reboot aswell.

24 minutes ago, karibo said:

What does Crystal Disk Mark say about your hard drive? Just download the utility

Or if the motherboard has a different PCI-e slot try that maybe?

Or maybe set the power limit on the GPU to 50% to see if it's the power supply?

It sounds like your PC is simply haunted.

Did you make a fresh windows 10 USB as well? What happens if you run Linux off a USB? You can install steam and dota 2 from there to stress test.

Lotta things to try.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What does Crystal Disk Mark say about your hard drive? Just download the utility

Or if the motherboard has a different PCI-e slot try that maybe?

Or maybe set the power limit on the GPU to 50% to see if it's the power supply?

It sounds like your PC is simply haunted.

Did you make a fresh windows 10 USB as well? What happens if you run Linux off a USB? You can install steam and dota 2 from there to stress test.

Lotta things to try.

its kinda late rn 3am so imma  download crystal disk mark aswell as try the other pci-e slot and set the limit to 50%, 

but, i did make a fresh windows 10 usb and it ended up same as this one.

also idk how to run linux off usb 

15 minutes ago, karibo said:

its kinda late rn 3am so imma  download crystal disk mark aswell as try the other pci-e slot and set the limit to 50%, 

but, i did make a fresh windows 10 usb and it ended up same as this one.

also idk how to run linux off usb 

Same as making a windows USB, except you can run the OS without installing it

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Same as making a windows USB, except you can run the OS without installing it

okay so i tried puttin my gpu on 50% power didnt work and downloaded crystal disk mark says status is good and its sitting at 37degrees also theres a list of etc. Read error rate says current is 100 and worst is 100. Every single one from the list current is same as worst

1 hour ago, karibo said:

okay so i tried puttin my gpu on 50% power didnt work and downloaded crystal disk mark says status is good and its sitting at 37degrees also theres a list of etc. Read error rate says current is 100 and worst is 100. Every single one from the list current is same as worst

Then I guess the only thing left to try is linux, ubuntu should be easy enough, if you still have issues running games under linux then the issue is somewhere in hardware, at least Ryzen 3000 is out soon

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Then I guess the only thing left to try is linux, ubuntu should be easy enough, if you still have issues running games under linux then the issue is somewhere in hardware, at least Ryzen 3000 is out 

yyeah seems like i need to get a new gpu. what are you recommending do you thing i5 7400 would bottleneck 2060?

9 minutes ago, karibo said:

yyeah seems like i need to get a new gpu. what are you recommending do you thing i5 7400 would bottleneck 2060?

Do you have another PC or a local PC shop you could try the 1060 in? You could always reapply paste if the GPU is overheating and causing a shutdown but that seems unlikely.

an RX 570/580 are $100 on ebay for equivilant performance if it ends up being the GPU.

Spoiler

On 6/17/2019 at 11:15 PM, Streetguru said:

Do you have another PC or a local PC shop you could try the 1060 in? You could always reapply paste if the GPU is overheating and causing a shutdown but that seems unlikely.

an RX 570/580 are $100 on ebay for equivilant performance if it ends up being the GPU.

yeah but isnt rx580 good at extremely gigh temps and they also consume alot of power like 200wats over 120wats on a gtx 1060. anyway whats your advice shouls i get a 2060 or like a 1070 and would my cpu possibly bottleneck it also if i get one of those cards whats sjould my next cpu be?

2 minutes ago, karibo said:

The RX 570/580 only uses like 50W more under a typical gaming load. The point is that it's just a cheap replacement to keep you going for a long while, especially if you only have a 1080p 60hz display.

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Streetguru said:

The RX 570/580 only uses like 50W more under a typical gaming load. The point is that it's just a cheap replacement to keep you going for a long while, especially if you only have a 1080p 60hz display.

okay sounds good also i was just playing a game( Rocket league) and monitoring my gpu wiht msi afterburner and saw a point where my fps started dropping from like 240like capped to sometimes 160 and 180 so i exited the game went to check if theres something on the graphs and there is. temperature remained the same trough the whole game but there are few things that could have been seen spiking all of a sudden like: bus usage went from 6% to spiking every second between 15 and 20%, aswell as commit charge MB spiking all of a sudden. imma reinstall my drivers and play until the point of my fps dropping significantly to see if it happens again but yeah this is what i noticed. Im mentioning again that gpu temps remained the same trough the whole proces

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 12:37 AM, Streetguru said:

little update i got a zotac 1070 amp edition and im experiencing the same problem as wirh this one fps drops until i reinstall the drivers. with the fps drops rhere are ocasional stutters and cpu runs on 100% on fortnite and rainbow six siege (forgot about gta5). ive borrowed my 1060 to a friend who has a i5 4th generation cpu and he says he has same problens with my gpu. could it be our two processors bottlenecking the gpus?

3 hours ago, karibo said:

little update i got a zotac 1070 amp edition and im experiencing the same problem as wirh this one fps drops until i reinstall the drivers. with the fps drops rhere are ocasional stutters and cpu runs on 100% on fortnite and rainbow six siege (forgot about gta5). ive borrowed my 1060 to a friend who has a i5 4th generation cpu and he says he has same problens with my gpu. could it be our two processors bottlenecking the gpus?

Probably not, that cpu should still get over 60fps easily in some of those games, same with the older 4th gen i5, unless you both have like single channel memory, but that also shouldn't be an issue.

If it might be the CPU you could always return the GPU and buy Ryzen 3000 once it drops on July 7th for a big upgrade, the MSI B450 boards can update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

If you both have older power supplies you could try dropping the power % by -30% to limit the power usage and take some stress off the power supply to test that.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Probably not, that cpu should still get over 60fps easily in some of those games, same with the older 4th gen i5, unless you both have like single channel memory, but that also shouldn't be an issue.

If it might be the CPU you could always return the GPU and buy Ryzen 3000 once it drops on July 7th for a big upgrade, the MSI B450 boards can update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

If you both have older power supplies you could try dropping the power % by -30% to limit the power usage and take some stress off the power supply to test that.

mhm ill try to return the gpu and try with the better cpu but idk seems like a lot of work nobody can tell me for sure what it is i guess ill just have to swap parts 1 by 1. 

ive tried to reduce the power % to like 60 and it still drops frames.

i mean it will get over 60fps but it can drop like 40fps couse of the bottleneck right? 

would ryzen 2700 be good enough for thr 1070?

Hello there. You may have the famous windows 10 issue where windows completely f***s your drivers, try this (disabling automatic driver download) and run DDU in safe mode again - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Hello there. You may have the famous windows 10 issue where windows completely f***s your drivers, try this (disabling automatic driver download) and run DDU in safe mode again - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

mhm i did that every time after a fresh install of windows i would turn that off and go reinstall my drivers with ddu so yeah

Just now, karibo said:

mhm i did that every time after a fresh install of windows i would turn that off and go reinstall my drivers with ddu so yeah

Hmm do you have some monitoring software running like msi afterburner or something?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Hmm do you have some monitoring software running like msi afterburner or something?

yh i do. msi afterburner

3 minutes ago, karibo said:

yh i do. msi afterburner

Maybe try removing that

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Maybe try removing that

tried i still had the issue. im starting to think its ekther my cpu bottlenecking or a faulty 10series cards couse this happened with both my 1060 and 1070

Hmm that doesn't make any sense. Its working fine in the beginning, and your temps is ok. Maybe,  its your hard drive - or PSU? 

FS in Denmark/EU:

16 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Hmm that doesn't make any sense. Its working fine in the beginning, and your temps is ok. Maybe,  its your hard drive - or PSU? 

temps are okay like 62c, hdd should be okay my friend tested thr gpu on his system with a ssd and different psu

3 minutes ago, karibo said:

temps are okay like 62c, hdd should be okay my friend tested thr gpu on his system with a ssd and different psu

And it worked fine? I would try another HDD/SSD or PSU, in your system.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

no it didnt work fine it worked same as in my pc. thats the weird part that my old gpu didnt work as itended on his system and now my new gpu doesnt work well on mine. i think the only conndctikn here might be the cpu also i can send some photos of cpu usage spiking when that drop in fps happens

like when i rejnstall the drivers im runnin smoothly with stable fps but its just out of nothing it begins to fuck itself up and messes the framerates that never go back only if i reinstall the drivers

see where my pointer is. rhat part runs smoothly on normal fps and then just out of nowhere starting from that spike little on the right of the mouse pointer it started screwing with my fps u can see the usage goin up 

8 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

20190702_000618.jpg