Should I wait before buying a new Wifi router? WPA3 WIFI6

At the moment I have an older Billion 8200N modem/router and I am looking to upgrade to something that can manage the ever increasing devices in my house. While I do see that WiFi6 routers are available there just isn't many options and i couldn't find any with WPA3 security protocol. Is now a bad time to buy a new router? I don't want to buy one now and find out in 6 months time and find out the one purchased wont get a WPA3 update.

For example if I were to purchase a ASUS RT-AX88U (does 802.11AX) would the manufacturer provide an update to add the WPA3 protocol? 

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/p/N82E16833320370

link to ASUS RT-AX88U

None of my devices at home have a WPA3 but I would like to be prepared for when these eventually get replaced by my newer devices.

Welcome to the LTT forums! Now is a bad time to buy a new router, If you can wait go Wi-Fi 6, if you can't go 802.11ac or Wi-Fi 5.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Hey thanks for the swiftest of replies. I'll see if i can dig up a 2nd hand/cheap Wi-fi 5 router to last me when the good stuff hits the market at a decent price.

3 hours ago, Sooper Dooper said:

couldn't find any with WPA3 security protocol

I have a Synology RT2600AC and it firmware was updated for WPA3. So........ That might not be as big of a concern. The BIG concern is your devices being able to support the new security standard. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 hours ago, Sooper Dooper said:

Hey thanks for the swiftest of replies. I'll see if i can dig up a 2nd hand/cheap Wi-fi 5 router to last me when the good stuff hits the market at a decent price.

Your welcome!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!