Looking for a powerful but also quiet/silent laptop

Yes I know that powerful laptops usually have loud fans and understand the nature of controlling thermals in such a confined space is difficult, however I would to know the the most notable brands for having the quitest fans while being powerful. I'm looking to buy a new laptop but I need it to be powerful while also not being too loud.................... I might even look into MODDING it myself by liquid metaling both the gpu and cpu in order to curve and control thermals and noise, I'm just looking for something to work with.

3 hours ago, Jason Greene said:

Yes I know that powerful laptops usually have loud fans and understand the nature of controlling thermals in such a confined space is difficult, however I would to know the the most notable brands for having the quitest fans while being powerful. I'm looking to buy a new laptop but I need it to be powerful while also not being too loud.................... I might even look into MODDING it myself by liquid metaling both the gpu and cpu in order to curve and control thermals and noise, I'm just looking for something to work with.

I have an Alienware Area-51m with a 9900K CPU overclocked to 5 GHz. I NEVER hear the fans spinning while watching YouTube, browsing the web, using Office applications. I only hear them when I'm gaming or rendering a video and even then , they are probably the quietest amongst all performance or gaming laptops that I've had.

I did remove the garbage thermal paste that came with it and replaced it with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the CPU and Phobya Nanogrease on the GPU

This laptop gives me the best of both worlds, yes it's a desktop replacement and is upgrade-able, but still manageable to carry around thanks to its thin bezel screen it's actually smaller than any other 17 inch laptop that I've owned before.

I bought it from HIDevolution though just to have them to their quality control and stress tests and whatnot.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

13 hours ago, Jason Greene said:

I'm looking to buy a new laptop but I need it to be powerful while also not being too loud

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Actually battery life is not an issue and weight is also not a issue as I am looking for a desktop replacement as I no longer believe carrying around a desktop is necessary these days. I believe laptops are powerful enough to game on and use as workstation use. I'm just worried about fan noise because it seems like everyone complains about this issue when it comes to laptops, so I wanted to know the most notable brand of laptops with low fan noise because I may look to MOD it and liquid metal it to give it better thermals and hopefully minimize some of the fan noise. 

Consider Clevo P750/P775/P870 from HIDevolution or ObsidianPC

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128