Which printer to get?

handymanshandle

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I like HP's printers, been using some form of OfficeJet for a number of years. Never had any problems with them.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

You should save more money and buy a CIS printer, continuous ink system... this way you can simply buy bottles of ink instead of cartridges

Would be expensive though... so 2nd best thing maybe something like this:

Brother MFC-J995DW INKvestment Tank Duplex Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer

amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC-J995DW-Printing-Included-Replenishment/dp/B07D5VJDF6/

newegg https://www.newegg.com/brother-inkvestment-tank-mfc-j995dw-inkjet/p/1E4-000D-005M2?Item=1E4-000D-005M2

The genuine refills are 50-60$ for each, for 5-6k pages.. third party seems to be ~30$.

Go with a laser printer, ink cartridges are rip-offs.(Unless you by aftermarket recycled cheap ink cartridges)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

30 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You should save more money and buy a CIS printer, continuous ink system... this way you can simply buy bottles of ink instead of cartridges

Would be expensive though... so 2nd best thing maybe something like this:

Brother MFC-J995DW INKvestment Tank Duplex Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer

amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC-J995DW-Printing-Included-Replenishment/dp/B07D5VJDF6/

newegg https://www.newegg.com/brother-inkvestment-tank-mfc-j995dw-inkjet/p/1E4-000D-005M2?Item=1E4-000D-005M2

The genuine refills are 50-60$ for each, for 5-6k pages.. third party seems to be ~30$.

12 minutes ago, fluxdeity said:

Go with a laser printer, ink cartridges are rip-offs.(Unless you by aftermarket recycled cheap ink cartridges)

I work at Best Buy so frankly I'd rather just try and get my employee discount on the printer, I don't print enough to really justify either

I agree if you print a lot, ink cartridges are rip offs.

Alas I kinda need to keep it under $150 plus either that coupon for 15% off unless my 5% above cost employee discount is a better deal.

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I like HP's printers, been using some form of OfficeJet for a number of years. Never had any problems with them.

so really doesn't matter which one I go with?

I've just got an officejet pro 6230, they claim cheaper than laser running costs and so far it is living up to its claims. 1200 black pages on a single cartridge, 800 for colour. Unfortunately I can't veryify the claims exactly as I am at 300 pages on the included cartridges and don't yet need to replace them. 

Cartridges are the cheapest hp sells, but the downside is that the heads are on the printer not the cartridge, so you'll have to use it regularly to avoid them drying out and blocking.