AOC C27G1 - is it good?

Dominik999
Go to solution Solved by racer243l,
Just now, Dominik999 said:

Okay, so cause it says AMD Free-Sync it means that it will work with my graphics card the same as if I had an AMD graphics card, right?

Free Sync technically is called adaptive sync and AMD gave it that name. It will work once you activate it on the monitor and then turn on G-Sync compatible in the Nvidia control panel and that just like if you had a AMD card

Okay..... so I saw the AOC C27G1 monitor yesterday and I was wondering if it would work if you have a nvidia graphics card, like I do myself, and the reason I'm asking this is because it says it supports AMD Free-Sync and AMD Free-Sync isn't supported with Nvidia graphics cards.....   

Capture.JPG.2e5a8ee59977116716a00130ffb629bf.JPG

And does it really have a 1ms display? Because I saw that some people say that you have to change something in the settings to `higher` and that could cause your monitor to overheat or something bad....

Plus, I saw that it isn't a true 144hz experience if your don't set it to a mode in which it has something to do with the response time, I heard if you don't put it on that mode that you feel it more like a 100hz monitor rather than a 144hz monitor.

Free Sync is support since a couple months on nvidia cards

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

Just now, racer243l said:

Free Sync is support since a couple months on nvidia cards

Okay, so will this monitor's free sync work with my nvidia graphics card?

1 minute ago, Dominik999 said:

Okay, so will this monitor's free sync work with my nvidia graphics card?

Yes it will work

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

Yes it will work

Okay, so cause it says AMD Free-Sync it means that it will work with my graphics card the same as if I had an AMD graphics card, right?

Just now, Dominik999 said:

Free Sync technically is called adaptive sync and AMD gave it that name. It will work once you activate it on the monitor and then turn on G-Sync compatible in the Nvidia control panel and that just like if you had a AMD card

Thanks. And what about the response time part I mentioned above?

1 minute ago, Dominik999 said:

Thanks. And what about the response time part I mentioned above?

Well overshoot, not overheat means it will overcorrect the picture which usually isn´t noticable a lot. The settings fast and faster are what you should pick from depending on what the reviews say.

It should also be set to 144Hz to use it properly so just put in that mode