Help regarding choosing a laptop

Hello, I need a small help.
I am looking for a laptop. I am a fresher in Computer Science and Engineering and will mostly need it for programming.
I have shortlisted few laptops according to my budget.

Hp Envy 13 ah0044TX
Macbook Air 2018
Zenbook 14
Zenbook S
Vivobook S14 S410UA-EB720T
Dell 9360

Here the Macbook air, Dell 9360 provides i5- 8th gen processor
and,
Zenbook S14, Dell 9360 and Zenbook 14 provides i7-8th gen processor.

In many reviews it is said Macbook air gives decent battery life from about 10-12 hours.
Since I am a college student, considering durability and performance which one should I buy from above or can you suggest another model please?
Also, I would not play any games or so and I need a lightweight compact laptop so that I can carry to and from college easily with decent battery life.

31 minutes ago, Akku said:

durability

Premium business laptop is the way to go

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life? Min low sRGB display and non-upgradeable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Premium business laptop is the way to go

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life? Min low sRGB display and non-upgradeable RAM?

I'm from India.
Budget is about Rs 1,05,000 i.e. around 1500$
Max weight below 1.5 kg
Average battery life: 8 hours - 10 hours 
No preference in RGB display but good brightness in sunlight
Upgradeable or Non-upgradeable RAM I don't have preference.
Most preference in performance and battery life. Also a compact laptop of around 14 inch would be better. I wouldn't play games, so a mx 150 or less would do my work.

I'm from India and all the laptop is slightly priced here in respect to the US. So if you suggest a laptop which costs 1500$ in US, it would cost me around 1700$-2000$ here.

1 hour ago, Akku said:

I'm from India.
Budget is about Rs 1,05,000 i.e. around 1500$
Max weight below 1.5 kg
Average battery life: 8 hours - 10 hours 
No preference in RGB display but good brightness in sunlight
Upgradeable or Non-upgradeable RAM I don't have preference.
Most preference in performance and battery life. Also a compact laptop of around 14 inch would be better. I wouldn't play games, so a mx 150 or less would do my work.

I'm from India and all the laptop is slightly priced here in respect to the US. So if you suggest a laptop which costs 1500$ in US, it would cost me around 1700$-2000$ here.

This Dell XPS 15 will give you the best battery life. I actually owned that laptop and it gave me 7-8 hour battery life offcourse that all depends on your usage scenario but it is a very well built laptop with one of the best battery life in any Windows laptop

HIDevolution's quality control is superb and you get lifetime tech support for free. In addition, since this is a Dell, you can easily call Dell in your county and have the next business day on site warranty transferred to India free of charge

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

If durability is important to you, you might want to consider premium business laptops like Thinkpad T480, however they are expensive and usually don't have good display (low sRGB FHD IPS)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 6/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, Akku said:
Hello, I need a small help.
I am looking for a laptop. I am a fresher in Computer Science and Engineering and will mostly need it for programming.
I have shortlisted few laptops according to my budget.

Hp Envy 13 ah0044TX
Macbook Air 2018
Zenbook 14
Zenbook S
Vivobook S14 S410UA-EB720T
Dell 9360

Here the Macbook air, Dell 9360 provides i5- 8th gen processor
and,
Zenbook S14, Dell 9360 and Zenbook 14 provides i7-8th gen processor.

In many reviews it is said Macbook air gives decent battery life from about 10-12 hours.
Since I am a college student, considering durability and performance which one should I buy from above or can you suggest another model please?
Also, I would not play any games or so and I need a lightweight compact laptop so that I can carry to and from college easily with decent battery life.

The macbook air carries a dual core cpu so well that's not going to help your productivity. 

The zenbooks are good for the price - https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=asus+zenbook&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&LeftPriceRange=0

The latest refreshes of the HP spectre x360 and the whole envy lineup are amazing.

All the laptops I listed give very good battery life.