Disappointed in Gigabyte, they refuse basic repair info

Boby

Just for the sake of it, i decided to contact Asus and ask them the same question. I have asked a friend for his Asus GTX 970 serial number so i can submit the ticket. Here is their replay.

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support. My name is (censored)

I understand that you're looking for a spare parts of your graphics card to try to fix it. I appreciate your patronage to our products and I will be more than happy to assist you with your concern. 

I appreciate the details you have provided. I do apologize but we can't provide you a spare part or even a source on where you can get the said spare part, the best option regarding on the concern is to send the graphics card for a repair even it's already out of warranty. I can assist you for an RMA wherein you will send in your unit for repair however as I checked your unit is already out of warranty, there will a $35 ($45 for Canada) fee for the diagnostic and when your product reaches the repair facility and is examined by a technician, an ASUS representative will contact you directly via email to provide the actual cost of the repair.  

I know that sending in the unit for repair may be inconvenient for you, but I assure you that this is the best way to address your concern. Please let me know if you are amenable for a repair. I will be looking forward for your response and have a great day. 

In the event that you have additional concerns, please let me know and I will be happy to take care of them as well. 

So altho they did not provide information of where to buy spare parts or what specs they are, they offered to repair the card even if the card is out of warranty. So this is how it is supposed to be, while Gigabyte denied any way to repair the card. Also worth mentioning is the fact that Asus replayed within 30 min of my ticket, while Gigabyte support is minimum two weeks to even replay (and i have messaged them 4 times and each time is around two weeks reply time).

On 6/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, Boby said:

Hi there,

Anyone knows what Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 vRam Thermal pads are? like thickness and mw heat dissipation specs are? I need to replace mine and i have contacted Gigabyte support but they refuse to give me this information... i'm deeply disappointed by Gigabyte

Thanks

You think that's bad? You should try to RMA something to them.

(rimshot)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, c00face said:

Not wrong to give no helping hand to a person who needs it. It isn't required by law. Doesn't mean it's correct morally or ethical, that's a total different subject. If you want to label things wrong and right by law, you're going to find yourself in a big bad of hurt.

It isn't wrong for insurances company to deny you compensation for an injury until you take them to court and prove them liable. Here's a question for you, is it hard for someone to give out a 2 cent information on "pads" size? You're telling me that's liable for a customer to sue Gigabyte? Lol...

Don't mistake it, it's douche-bag status on what some of these manufacture's are doing. I know this first hand.

How should I put it, what they are doing is not wrong, disappointing yes. Is that a reason to not buy their products ? I think it's a good reason. It is a different story when the right to repair in America is finally put in law and for all products.

I myself am boycotting NVIDIA for many years now due to a faulty reference card they refused support on.

Don't expect that companies automatically do things that are in the best interest of the consumer. It's all about milking the consumer and what is best for their own pockets. Just look at the environmental laws and yes your right to repair issues.

Don't expect that companies have your best interest at heart but be surprised when they actually do help you and yes do the right thing.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

10 minutes ago, Boby said:

Just for the sake of it, i decided to contact Asus and ask them the same question. I have asked a friend for his Asus GTX 970 serial number so i can submit the ticket. Here is their replay.

So altho they did not provide information of where to buy spare parts or what specs they are, they offered to repair the card even if the card is out of warranty. So this is how it is supposed to be, while Gigabyte denied any way to repair the card. Also worth mentioning is the fact that Asus replayed within 30 min of my ticket, while Gigabyte support is minimum two weeks to even replay (and i have messaged them 4 times and each time is around two weeks reply time).

Hold on, Gigabyte outright refused to repair the card for you?

That gotta be a local issue, still messed up though.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

1 hour ago, Boby said:

@Mick Naughty

There are still new GTX 970 sold in stores this means that it will be under warranty at least another two years and you call it obsolete. Nice!

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-gv-n970wf3oc-4gd/p/N82E16814125685

Its pointless to speak to you anymore :) good luck.

Doesn’t matter. Still obsolete. Pointless indeed. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

14 minutes ago, Leanora said:

Hold on, Gigabyte outright refused to repair the card for you?

That gotta be a local issue, still messed up though.

Yep they refuse to repair it and its not an local issue, i have contact Gigabyte at their global support (eSupport) system.