Windows 10 Update Issue [ NVIDIA Driver update in windows update setting ]

Just today morning got a windows update
My Nvidia Driver was the latest one but still Windows Update showed that it's downloading a newer version of Nvidia Driver .

After applying that My Chipset is not working properly . Previously I was using Intel iGPU with my RTX 2080Ti .

Now whenevr I'm turning that on in BIOS my computer is booting for the very first time . After that It's automatically shutting down then can't boot . Powering on and off autometically .

Did a fresh Windows installation and now it's showing that mi ideal temperature is 60 degree C on a H100i GTX . The iGPU is turned off . Now running on only on my dedicated GPU

Any help ?

62204651_317652962481654_8342401801231794176_o.jpgimage.thumb.png.bd7d821594c4bd401a7d5dd07e4c1dee.png

Prior to a complete Windows reinstall I would have suggested running DDU then re-installing the display drivers using the versions you know work for your configuration.

Your GPU might be in a higher power state for an unknown reason. Check your GPU clocks. Is it under-clocked/under-volted while you're sitting at the desktop or is it at full power? If full power that'd explain the temp but just open more questions.

*sigh* I swear Windows Updater breaks more things than it fixes.

If you can find them try grabbing the drivers you were using previously and see if you can replicate your previously work configuration. From there perhaps you can postpone updating your display driver. It's possible Windows Updater may have installed a beta or something similar to that of your display driver which would have been the next available version just not the verified Stable version.

14 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Prior to a complete Windows reinstall I would have suggested running DDU then re-installing the display drivers using the versions you know work for your configuration.

Your GPU might be in a higher power state for an unknown reason. Check your GPU clocks. Is it under-clocked/under-volted while you're sitting at the desktop or is it at full power? If full power that'd explain the temp but just open more questions.

*sigh* I swear Windows Updater breaks more things than it fixes.

If you can find them try grabbing the drivers you were using previously and see if you can replicate your previously work configuration. From there perhaps you can postpone updating your display driver. It's possible Windows Updater may have installed a beta or something similar to that of your display driver which would have been the next available version just not the verified Stable version.

My GPU is underclocked . . It's running at 300 and 450 respectively as you can see . But still the temperature did not come down . And the problem I'm facing is that I always use nVidia GeForce experience for getting the driver update notification then I go to the nVidia site and manually download the driver . I always download the gameready driver and they were of the latest version [ 430.86 ] and I'm getting windows Insider previews . So Last month I have got the version 1903 [ Build 18362.145 ] . Everything was running smoothly . I was using the Intel HD530 beside my RTX 2080Ti . Just yesterday morning [ 6th June 2019 ] I got an update notification in Windows Update and it was downloading the same version of Nvidia Driver that i downloaded and applied previously probably over a week ago . After it got installed then things started to go wrong . By any means I can't run the IGPU any more . If I turn that on in BIOS then at the first time I'm able to boot into windows and after few moments the computer is turning off and then it's restarting [ PRE BIOS SCREEN restart loop . Ican see the components getting power on and off ] on and off continuously untill i kill the power. So I removed the CMOS Battery and reset the BIOS and now running of my dedicated GPU . but the temperature is very high . CPU is ideal . 5-7 % use but despice running an Air Condition at 16 degree celcius in my room I can't get the temperature down 50 degree . If AC is off then the temperature reaching 60 degree celcius .image.thumb.png.ed969e991bde73da0648a4a78659a2eb.pngimage.thumb.png.cf07ae78bfaa7cd0f4fee96356e86eb1.png

Safemode DDU nuke both your Intel and nVidia display drivers. It's also worth looking in the GPU tab in task manager. Just because the main cores aren't active, it may be using one of the other parts for something else.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4