[deleted]

User5537135

Maybe lower the sensitivity? Or the "gain" I think it's called. I believe that's responsible for how "loud" the output audio is which may be what you mean.

Also whatever format your audio files are recorded in would be the responsibility of the recording software. You'll have to find the option menu that specifies the format to be used and set it to one you prefer. Windows itself will not just randomly convert your files to different formats.

2 minutes ago, DrySoup said:

Ah thanks, that works

Which one worked? I'm not an audiophile so my suggestion for the first bit was just a shot in the dark.

15 minutes ago, DrySoup said:

Just turning down the db it recorded at did the trick.

Well that's good, I'm glad my guess was the solution :D

11 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Well that's good, I'm glad my guess was the solution :D

yeah, your guess was correct. High gain generally leads to high noise. Ever notice how some recordings of acoustic music have white noise? That's because the gain has to be higher in order to record acoustic instruments, and the white noise is a side effect of that. Too much gain, and the white noise will get louder. The white noise is basically the noise floor of the recording system, and the higher the gain, the more that noise floor gets amplified.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)