Can't connect to TP-Link router

piplupgao

So I'm trying to change my router to the TP Link C7 but I can't connect to the router settings (you know when you type 192.161.1.1 into the address bar) According to the user manual I just go to tplinklogin.net.

I am currently still connected to the verizon router.

This worked when I first tried it but not anymore. Sloutions?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

disconnect your tp link from the verizon router,plug into the verizon router and turn off DHCP and leave the tp link as a static IP (write the mac of the tplink and give it a IP of i.e. 192.168.1.2 what ever is in range) then plug into your tplink set it up then connect them both and it should work.

*edit clarified a bit

Edited by EvilLemur

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

Are you able to ping the router?

How do I know the IP?

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Connect to your TP-Link router with a cable

Open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" and you should get an IP under "Default Gateway". Go to that.

Connect to your TP-Link router with a cable

Open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" and you should get an IP under "Default Gateway". Go to that.

When I try that it takes me to the login for the virus on router

When I try that it takes me to the login for the virus on router

Uhh can you either show us, or be more elaborate?

Virus on the router?

verizon damn autocorrect

verizon damn autocorrect

Right so it sounds like your router has become a bridge rather than the modem.

Right so it sounds like your router has become a bridge rather than the modem.

so would disableing wifi help?

so would disableing wifi help?

No. Your TP-Link router is in a state where any traffic it gets will be forwarded to the modem directly which will take care of any routing.

No. Your TP-Link router is in a state where any traffic it gets will be forwarded to the modem directly which will take care of any routing.

So how would I access the TP-Link router's settings?

@piplupgao: Look in your router manual. From experience, with TP-LINK routers go to http://192.168.1.1 and you should be able to access your router settings from there. Alternatively, open cmd and run ipconfig, then look for the address next to Default Gateway for your network adapter.

@piplupgao: Look in your router manual. From experience, with TP-LINK routers go to http://192.168.1.1 and you should be able to access your router settings from there. Alternatively, open cmd and run ipconfig, then look for the address next to Default Gateway for your network adapter.

I have in the manual it says go to tplinklogin.com but it takes me to the verizon login page

I'm just gonna reset the verizon router and go from there

I have in the manual it says go to tplinklogin.com but it takes me to the verizon login page

I'm just gonna reset the verizon router and go from there

Well hold on, if it's a Verizon router then that's is probably the correct login page. Verizon just added their own branding in that's all.