Internal hdd for photo editing or?

MrDodojo

Hey,
I'm into photo editing, I already have a great PC but I still need a better solution for storing my photos,
I have 720GB of pictures that's growing really fast.
Should I get 1 drive in my pc with an automatic backup to a nas with raid or get a nas with another nas backing that nas up?

Forget automatic backups. They require that the backup drive be connected to the computer at all times. For a backup to be a true backup, it must be kept powered down, disconnected from the computer, and stored away from the computer.

One or more NASes arenot a good option for your application. I suggest just getting another or a larger drive for your computer, then two external drives (or two internal type drives and an internal or external dock) large enough to backup your entire volume plus some for future expansion to use for an onsite backup and offsite backup. The onsite backup drive can be kept in a drawer out of sight of the computer, preferably in another room. The offsite backup drive is best kept in a safe deposit box at a financial institution but a trusted friend's or relative's home is another possibility (though nat as safe as a safe deposit box). The onsite and offsite backups need to swapped out as often as practical to keep both as up to date as possible.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!