Whats your normal gtao loading time?

Nalgasp3ludas

I just want to know if my loading time is normal, it takes between 4-5 minutes to load in just to get a disconnection error. Then it takes about 30 seconds to load me in again lol. I always go into online from main menu. I have my gta installed in a samsung 960 pro 512gb nvme. Also it is wierd that rdr2 online loads faster on my ps4 than gtao on my pc... on ps4 it takes about 2 to 3 minutes max.

Also bf1 takes like 2 minutes to load into an online match, its also installed on the same ssd. 

The ssd has 219gb of free space.

Going into story mode then online seems to be faster. I'll time it later when I have time but it should be around 1 minute for SM -> Online and like 90 seconds straight to online, on a 860 Evo.

13 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Going into story mode then online seems to be faster.

Yep. I do this as well. Much faster than going straight in to online.

37 minutes ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

it takes between 4-5 minutes to load in just to get a disconnection error.

That could be an issue with the server you're connecting to or your own connection. What happens if you go in to Story Mode and then from the menu select to join a private/closed online server?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

25 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yep. I do this as well. Much faster than going straight in to online.

That could be an issue with the server you're connecting to or your own connection. What happens if you go in to Story Mode and then from the menu select to join a private/closed online server?

I dont really think its my connection, i have 200mb/s. And yeah its way faster if I join a solo lobby, but I normally go into online from main menu. Whats your normal loading time if you enter an online lobby from main menu?

45 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Going into story mode then online seems to be faster. I'll time it later when I have time but it should be around 1 minute for SM -> Online and like 90 seconds straight to online, on a 860 Evo.

Its only faster if i go into a solo lobby

7 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Going into story mode then online seems to be faster.

Same here on an HDD. Can take 2-3 minutes if I load straight into GTA Online. Takes 25-50 seconds to load into Story Mode. Then takes 1-2 minutes to load into a populated lobby. Sometimes it doesn't connect and that usually is just the Rockstar servers acting up. Trying again usually gets you in around 85% of the time. Around 15% of the time, you may need to try 3-4 times. Just a Rockstar server issue.

7 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

Also bf1 takes like 2 minutes to load into an online match

Same here. Just how it is with BF1 servers.

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Same here on an HDD. Can take 2-3 minutes if I load straight into GTA Online. Takes 25-50 seconds to load into Story Mode. Then takes 1-2 minutes to load into a populated lobby. Sometimes it doesn't connect and that usually is just the Rockstar servers acting up. Trying again usually gets you in around 85% of the time. Around 15% of the time, you may need to try 3-4 times. Just a Rockstar server issue.

Same here. Just how it is with BF1 servers.

It doesnt make a big difference having gta installed on a nvme, Ill probably reinstall it on my hdd. Damm rockstar, gtao and rdr2o have been having problems with servers since launch and they cant still fix it.

online mode 5-9 minutes depending population.

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-