ITX_8700k_1080 build

Lerixo

Hello everyone.

For transportation needs, im looking forward to build a system of my current hardware, into an mITX sized Case.

My current hardware is:

i7-8700k (delidded, undervolted to x43 on 1.085vcore)

gigabyte 1080 windforce oc

z370-f asus board

500gb m2 ssd, 

2TB HDD

3.2ghz cl14 ram.

POWER ZONE 750w modular PSU

To solve thermical problems, i am choosing the Thermaltake core V1: https://de.thermaltake.com/C_00002373.htm

As cpu sink, the Noctua NH-D9L: https://noctua.at/de/nh-d9l (for cause of size, but still to keep decent cooling)

And for the board the AsRock Z390 Gaming-ITX: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp

Accessories will also be a thing, like dust filters, y cables etc, but i will also change the front 200mm fan for a Noctua PWM one, aswell as adding 2x Noctua 80mm's on the rear.

Another thing is, im in contact with a small manufacturer, who does make PSU and sata sleeved cables, so i wont have any problems in fitting all the long cables in from my PSU, to further enhance airflow.

I actually switched from a Coolermaster ITX case to this, as here i dont see any problems with heat stacking up, also it allows me to get a tower cooler, instead of a small top blower. (may get higher Core ratios through that... dunno where that will get me.)

In the attachments, i have linked the complete buy list, aswell as a drawing of the filled case, so you can have a look at the fan positions, or what it is capable off.

Tell me your ideas! Does anyone of you see anything complicated with this build? 

Have a good one,

-bIRD

Case3.png

ITX Case_Alternate.pdf

ITX_Mind.pdf

Current Setup:

i7-8700k delidded, on x43, 1.085V

GTX 1080 Windforce OC, Gigabyte

G.Skill Ripjaws 3200mhz, CL14

Strix Z370-F Mainboard, Asus

PSU: Power Zone 750W bequiet!

960 EVO 500GB m.2 SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

Dark Rock 3 CPU-Cooler

Chieftec LBX-02B-U3-OP, Case

Planned:

Everything above except mainboard, case and cooler, on:

AsRock Z390 Shadow Gaming - ITX

Thermaltake Core V1 Case (!!!)

Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler (so cute)

Active link of status: 

More to come~

52 minutes ago, Lerixo said:

Hello everyone.

For transportation needs, im looking forward to build a system of my current hardware, into an mITX sized Case.

My current hardware is:

i7-8700k (delidded, undervolted to x43 on 1.085vcore)

gigabyte 1080 windforce oc

z370-f asus board

500gb m2 ssd, 

2TB HDD

3.2ghz cl14 ram.

POWER ZONE 750w modular PSU

To solve thermical problems, i am choosing the Thermaltake core V1: https://de.thermaltake.com/C_00002373.htm

As cpu sink, the Noctua NH-D9L: https://noctua.at/de/nh-d9l (for cause of size, but still to keep decent cooling)

And for the board the AsRock Z390 Gaming-ITX: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp

Accessories will also be a thing, like dust filters, y cables etc, but i will also change the front 200mm fan for a Noctua PWM one, aswell as adding 2x Noctua 80mm's on the rear.

Another thing is, im in contact with a small manufacturer, who does make PSU and sata sleeved cables, so i wont have any problems in fitting all the long cables in from my PSU, to further enhance airflow.

I actually switched from a Coolermaster ITX case to this, as here i dont see any problems with heat stacking up, also it allows me to get a tower cooler, instead of a small top blower. (may get higher Core ratios through that... dunno where that will get me.)

In the attachments, i have linked the complete buy list, aswell as a drawing of the filled case, so you can have a look at the fan positions, or what it is capable off.

Tell me your ideas! Does anyone of you see anything complicated with this build? 

Have a good one,

-bIRD

Case3.png

ITX Case_Alternate.pdf

ITX_Mind.pdf

I can see this working out pretty well if you get a higher-end Noctua CPU cooler(below or equal to 140mm, that is the height limit in this case). Noctua NH-D9L fits this perfectly.

As for the 2 rear 80mm fans, I suggest getting Noctua fans too, maybe Noctua NF-A8 PWM.

For 80mm's these exact ones i wanna buy :P and did you mistype the cooler name? cause thats the one i wrote about :)

Current Setup:

960 EVO 500GB m.2 SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

Dark Rock 3 CPU-Cooler

Planned:

Active link of status: 

More to come~

i checked, its insane, like this case was made for this build.... windforce has a card length of 280mm. The case holds, without the optional HDD cage, 285mm's. I truly was happy when i found it, before that, the coolermaster elite 130 was in my eye, but i couldnt get the cooling straight in my mind. 

Current Setup:

960 EVO 500GB m.2 SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

Dark Rock 3 CPU-Cooler

Planned:

Active link of status: 

More to come~

ive made some fitting checks, and yes, all should work. i also cut some unnecessary stuff from the to buy list, and im now sitting on around 470€~. this includes 3 case fans (2x80mm, 1x200mm noctuas), the case itself, asrock mainboard, a dustfilter sticker mat, and the heatsink, which is the noctua nh-d9L.

below is a well "painted" picture, which shows the position of everything. ive made this to show my cable manufacturer which lenghts will be neede minimum. for the cable colors, i thought about an dark green, all 8pins with extremely white outdr canles, 2 inner one with the dark green, 24 pin will have also beige outlines, 2 rows white, and the middle all green. i think this would be a nice contrast to the beige brown, on a black and mostly white base. what do you think?

top view - Kopie.jpg

IMG_20190602_194000.jpg

IMG-20190602-WA0068.jpeg

Current Setup:

960 EVO 500GB m.2 SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

Dark Rock 3 CPU-Cooler