Best budget headset

Toheed

Hyper x cloud stinger(50$)

Hyper x cloud silver (55$)

Or should I spend 20$ more and get

Arctis 3 (70$)

Corsair void (75$)

Corsair hs60(70$)

These are the only options I have rn in budget.

This will be my first gaming headset ?

What country are you in? Because if your country has CEX then you can get a Logitech G933 which is the best headset I’ve every used

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

1 minute ago, josbeph83 said:

What country are you in? Because if your country has CEX then you can get a Logitech G933 which is the best headset I’ve every used

G933 is for 150$ here that is a lot to spend on a headset. Atleast for me :(

If those are your only options, HyperX Cloud Silver, Arctis 3, and HS60 are all decent options.

IMO the HS60 (or the HS50 if you can get it cheaper; in the US they go as low as $30) is the best-sounding on the list, but if you've got a large head they might not adjust far enough for your liking. They also have the worst microphone of the bunch (not strictly bad, but it needs EQ).

Both the Arctis 3 and HyperX Cloud have weird artificial-sounding soundstages. Arctis 3 is good all-around aside from a bit of weirdness in the mids. Clouds have a piercing resonance in the treble that some people get listening fatigue from. They're both reasonably comfortable.

The best is if you can try them all out and decide for yourself.

6 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

If those are your only options, HyperX Cloud Silver, Arctis 3, and HS60 are all decent options.

IMO the HS60 (or the HS50 if you can get it cheaper; in the US they go as low as $30) is the best-sounding on the list, but if you've got a large head they might not adjust far enough for your liking. They also have the worst microphone of the bunch (not strictly bad, but it needs EQ).

Both the Arctis 3 and HyperX Cloud have weird artificial-sounding soundstages. Arctis 3 is good all-around aside from a bit of weirdness in the mids. Clouds have a piercing resonance in the treble that some people get listening fatigue from. They're both reasonably comfortable.

The best is if you can try them all out and decide for yourself.

I can go upto 100$. Should I buy hyperX cloud Alpha? I have heard nothing but good about them.

2 hours ago, Toheed said:

I can go upto 100$. Should I buy hyperX cloud Alpha? I have heard nothing but good about them.

I haven't had the chance to listen to those myself, so I'm hesitant to give a concrete recommendation. Looking at their measurements, it looks like they improved the damping slightly on the treble spike, making them a bit less fatiguing; however, the lower Q also means that the treble resonance will be more audible during normal use even if it isn't as painful. Soundstage accuracy and elevation looks improved while depth looks like it might be worse. Driver excursion looks notably improved, so bass extension and distortion are better. Treble overall is still a big weak point, like on the original Cloud.

It looks like an overall upgrade, but not one that I think is big enough to justify spending much more. Personally I think I would still prefer the HS50's sound based on the charts.

I think it's worth asking, what headphones are you currently using, and what improvements are you looking for?

11 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

I haven't had the chance to listen to those myself, so I'm hesitant to give a concrete recommendation. Looking at their measurements, it looks like they improved the damping slightly on the treble spike, making them a bit less fatiguing; however, the lower Q also means that the treble resonance will be more audible during normal use even if it isn't as painful. Soundstage accuracy and elevation looks improved while depth looks like it might be worse. Driver excursion looks notably improved, so bass extension and distortion are better. Treble overall is still a big weak point, like on the original Cloud.

It looks like an overall upgrade, but not one that I think is big enough to justify spending much more. Personally I think I would still prefer the HS50's sound based on the charts.

I think it's worth asking, what headphones are you currently using, and what improvements are you looking for?

I am using akg and they are doing pretty good job but they are not loud enough and the mic suck.

9 minutes ago, Toheed said:

I am using akg and they are doing pretty good job but they are not loud enough and the mic suck.

I'm guessing they're the Samsung earbuds since you mentioned a mic?

3 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

I'm guessing they're the Samsung earbuds since you mentioned a mic?

Yes the samsung tuned akg came with note 9. Btw I just got a offer of Sennheiser PC 37x massdrop 2 weeks used for 90$. What are your thoughts on those headsets?

Just now, Toheed said:

Yes the samsung tuned akg came with note 9. Btw I just got a offer of Sennheiser PC 37x massdrop 2 weeks used for 90$. What are your thoughts on those headsets?

If you're fine with using an open-back headphone, the Senns are better than everything else that's been mentioned so far in everything except amount of bass, which can easily be solved with a bit of EQ. Highly recommended.

I don't have any experience with the Samsung AKG buds, so I don't have any comments on them in particular.

51 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

If you're fine with using an open-back headphone, the Senns are better than everything else that's been mentioned so far in everything except amount of bass, which can easily be solved with a bit of EQ. Highly recommended.

I don't have any experience with the Samsung AKG buds, so I don't have any comments on them in particular.

So a used Pc 37x for about 90$ would be a deal? I can get cloud alpha box packed for the same price or even cheaper

14 minutes ago, Toheed said:

So a used Pc 37x for about 90$ would be a deal? I can get cloud alpha box packed for the same price or even cheaper

I would say yes. Functionally there's little difference between slightly used and new for headphones. If you are fine with open-backed headphones, and are okay with less bass or know how to apply an EQ, I would say the Senns are a better idea than the Clouds.

I don't know if this is a deal where you are. Where I am, refurbished Cloud Alphas are $60 and open box 37X's are $80. Again, unless I was specifically looking for more bass or closed-back headphones, I would go with the Senns.

And if you don't care about sound quality too much (which is nothing to be ashamed of), consider the cheaper options too. If you aren't treble-sensitive, the standard Clouds are a good safe choice.

2 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

I would say yes. Functionally there's little difference between slightly used and new for headphones. If you are fine with open-backed headphones, and are okay with less bass or know how to apply an EQ, I would say the Senns are a better idea than the Clouds.

I don't know if this is a deal where you are. Where I am, refurbished Cloud Alphas are $60 and open box 37X's are $80. Again, unless I was specifically looking for more bass or closed-back headphones, I would go with the Senns.

And if you don't care about sound quality too much (which is nothing to be ashamed of), consider the cheaper options too. If you aren't treble-sensitive, the standard Clouds are a good safe choice.

I never used any high end gaming headsets(never thought they mattered) this will be my first time buying one. At first I thought cloud stinger was a good pick for 40$ but then I started looking at forums and thought maybe I could spend a little more and get hs60 for 60$ then I thought I should spend a little more and get cloud alpha lol. I dunno man, I am not a sound geek or something . I just need something to use while playing with a decent enough mic so play can hear me. I don't listen to music much anyways.

33 minutes ago, Toheed said:

I never used any high end gaming headsets(never thought they mattered) this will be my first time buying one. At first I thought cloud stinger was a good pick for 40$ but then I started looking at forums and thought maybe I could spend a little more and get hs60 for 60$ then I thought I should spend a little more and get cloud alpha lol. I dunno man, I am not a sound geek or something . I just need something to use while playing with a decent enough mic so play can hear me. I don't listen to music much anyways.

Given the prices above, Cloud Silver is probably the best option. What country are you in?

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 4:50 AM, Toheed said:

Hyper x cloud stinger(50$)

Hyper x cloud silver (55$)

Or should I spend 20$ more and get

Arctis 3 (70$)

Corsair void (75$)

Corsair hs60(70$)

These are the only options I have rn in budget.

This will be my first gaming headset ?

Right now the G933 are on sale at best buy for $75 dollars. Got some today for myself and I can say theyre amazing. Before the G933 I had Corsair Void RGB Pro USB and theyre also a very good budget option. lots of customization in iCue and the quality is pretty nice.