Laptop for photo editing

I've been out of the market for a while, so I'm posting here to get recommendations.

My fiance is looking for a laptop for photo editing. I understand that accurate color in the display is going to be an important part of the decision process. 

What can we find for $1200 or less? The lower the cost, the more apt she is to go for it. ;)

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

Location? Mind non-upgradeable RAM? Any preference on weight, battery life and display size? Any other requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Location? Mind non-upgradeable RAM? Any preference on weight, battery life and display size? Any other requirements?

USA. Upgradeability preferred but not 100% necessary if there's enough there to begin with. Display size preferred would be 14-17". Lower weight and slimmer profile preferred. I know processing power isn't super important to photo editing but an i5 or equivalent would be a good starting point. She's not a tech savvy person and isn't going to care about specs or whatever, as long as it works well for what she needs. 

21 minutes ago, B.Toast said:

I know processing power isn't super important to photo editing but an i5 or equivalent would be a good starting point. She's not a tech savvy person and isn't going to care about specs or whatever, as long as it works well for what she needs. 

How do you expect us to give recommendations if we know nothing about "what she needs"? You have given no details about what the input files (format, megapixels, bit depth), workflow or intended output.

The processing power that I typically require for image processing will be a couple of orders of magnitude greater than someone who just needs to casually adjust a few sliders before uploading to Instagram. I am guessing that your fiance requires something in between, but I have no idea where she is on that range.

50 minutes ago, B.Toast said:

Lower weight

Max weight in kg/lbs? Also, no preference on battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 5/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, badreg said:

How do you expect us to give recommendations if we know nothing about "what she needs"? You have given no details about what the input files (format, megapixels, bit depth), workflow or intended output.

The processing power that I typically require for image processing will be a couple of orders of magnitude greater than someone who just needs to casually adjust a few sliders before uploading to Instagram. I am guessing that your fiance requires something in between, but I have no idea where she is on that range.

She's not shooting RAW, just PNG. The heaviest program she'll use is Lightroom, and that's only if she decides to use that and not an online tool.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:18 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Max weight in kg/lbs? Also, no preference on battery life?

Weight not particularly an issue. Battery life not overly important, as long as she can 4 hours or more she's good

I would go for gaming/performance laptops

2060:

Clevo NH58EDQ / NH50ED - battery a bit small

HP Omen 15-dc 144Hz customize - no Optimus, cooling is barely sufficient

1660TI:

Eluktronics Mech-17 G1R 62Whr

Eluktronics Mech-15 G2 62Whr

Lenovo Legion Y540 15 300 nits / 17 - no reviews yet

HP Omen 15-dc 144Hz customize - no Optimus, cooling is barely sufficient

1060:

Lenovo Legion Y7000 81LF0005US / 81LF0007US / 81LF0001US

MSI GP63 / GP73 8RE

1650:

Dell G7 7590 300 nits / G5 5590 300 nits

CyberpowerPC III 17 Turbo 100 - battery a bit small

Clevo NH70RAQ - battery a bit small

HP Omen 15-dc 144Hz customize

1050TI:

Lenovo Legion Y730 15 81HD0003US / 17 81HG0004US

Lenovo Legion Y7000 81LD0009US / 81LD0004US

Desktop specs:

Spoiler