Hdd Error

My hdd has been acting weird lately. I keep getting pop ups saying I have drive error and when I try opening programs I get error 0xc0000102. Now I'm thinking of replacing the hdd with a ssd. I'm trying to reinstall windows but I only have a digital license. Is there some way to overcome this? Thanks

44 minutes ago, guyonwall said:

My hdd has been acting weird lately. I keep getting pop ups saying I have drive error and when I try opening programs I get error 0xc0000102. Now I'm thinking of replacing the hdd with a ssd. I'm trying to reinstall windows but I only have a digital license. Is there some way to overcome this? Thanks

If you tied your Microsoft account to your digital license, you can reinstall the same version of Windows on the same PC after changing your drive out.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

50 minutes ago, guyonwall said:

I'm trying to reinstall windows but I only have a digital license. Is there some way to overcome this? Thanks

licence is stored on your hardware, not your HDD.

it will be activated once its connected to internet

21 hours ago, kirashi said:

If you tied your Microsoft account to your digital license, you can reinstall the same version of Windows on the same PC after changing your drive out.

how tho? is there some way to do this in the installation media? I'm a noob at this sorry thanks

9 hours ago, guyonwall said:

how tho? is there some way to do this in the installation media? I'm a noob at this sorry thanks

Just install the same version is home,pro etc whatever version u had beforehand and it will activicate automatically just I don't have a product key in the installer for windows and it should activicate automatically. 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ?