Bose NC 700

zrmaxwell

Bose recently announced the NC 700 headphones for $400 USD.. They look like they are made of all plastic.. For that much money, buy other sound equipment.. 

What are everyone else's thoughts?

I, for one, am really impressed. Bose has really outdone themselves on this one. I didn't think it was possible to make travel headphones that looked worse than the QC series, but they went above and beyond, and made this ridiculous thing. Damn. 

Anyway, being made of plastic isn't really an issue, since weight is a big concern for wireless ANC headphones.  These headphones, like other ANC BT headphones, are targeted at people that want the ANC and convenience, rather than just good audio quality. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

rather than just good audio quality. 

Honestly when im travelling audio quality would be my first trade off. WTF notices that there bass isnt as deep when travelling is already so stressful

My life

aslong as something is well made i dont mind plastic sennheiser , beyerdynamic , fostex, sony basically every major headphone maker has made plastic cased headphones as a avid figure collector I have learned that it's not about the fact that its made of plastic plastic its about the type and quality of the platic how good the sculpt and paint job is  in this case sound quality and technology I trus bose to give me a good airplane headphones but I dont really trust them to deliver $400 worth of sound. 

also bose market to people who are on the go and travel where you need things to be light weight in this case plastic makes sense

just looked them up the build to me looks fine and premium its just really ugly

i definitely mis-judged them based on their looks. Plastic can still be good quality. I hope they have replaceable ear pads, and they sell replacement wires on the website.. 

17 hours ago, rice guru said:

aslong as something is well made i dont mind plastic sennheiser , beyerdynamic , fostex, sony basically every major headphone maker has made plastic cased headphones as a avid figure collector I have learned that it's not about the fact that its made of plastic plastic its about the type and quality of the platic how good the sculpt and paint job is  in this case sound quality and technology I trus bose to give me a good airplane headphones but I dont really trust them to deliver $400 worth of sound. 

True, im pretty sure the HD800's are made mostly of plastic, but its bose so i dont have high hopes for quality sound.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

19 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

Bose recently announced the NC 700 headphones for $400 USD.. They look like they are made of all plastic.. For that much money, buy other sound equipment.. 

What are everyone else's thoughts?

I just looked at them.. jesus christ they look like 30 dollar headphones.. yeah for 400 i would buy sennheiser or beyerdynamic closed backs of some sort.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

True, im pretty sure the HD800's are made mostly of plastic, but its bose so i dont have high hopes for quality sound.

like I said I trust bose to give me a pair of great travel cans for the train or airplane ride aside from that no use to me. 

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

like I said I trust bose to give me a pair of great travel cans for the train or airplane ride aside from that no use to me. 

I would love for sennheiser to make travel kinda headphones with NC as good as bose, but sennheiser audio quality. that would be brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

I would love for sennheiser to make travel kinda headphones with NC as good as bose, but sennheiser audio quality. that would be brilliant.

yeha I would love for all audio companies to do that I would love beyerdynamic to get in the game