Which is the LAST laptop before the ME/PSP insanity?

Which is the latest privacy-friendly computer?

I know you can libreboot x200, x60 and t400, however im talking about no spyware on the hardware lever. Which was the latest before they sold out to NSA?

Youtuber N-O-D-E has done some hardware level modifications on a thinkpad I believe. The details are on his book and maybe will be posted on his channel https://n-o-d-e.net

25 minutes ago, IgorM said:

Youtuber N-O-D-E has done some hardware level modifications on a thinkpad I believe. The details are on his book and maybe will be posted on his channel https://n-o-d-e.net

Like I said, I want to know the STOCK non-ME most powerful CPU before Intel started installing ME not modifications.

I think the pentium 4 was the last platform, so whatever latest pentium 4 was the most powerful free computer? which one?

There is a dell latitude rugged that a no me option, think it ws 6th gen skylake.

If you want no me hardware at all, your probably going to need core 2 duo era stuff, cause thats when it started to get added to the chipsets.

Why not switch to ARM CPUs if you don't care about performance?

-KuJoe

21 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There is a dell latitude rugged that a no me option, think it ws 6th gen skylake.

If you want no me hardware at all, your probably going to need core 2 duo era stuff, cause thats when it started to get added to the chipsets.

anything past 2006 has it so core 2 duo has it

apparently AMD has it after 2013:

https://freundschafter.com/cybersecurity-cpu-and-system-alternatives-without-intel-me-iamt-and-amd-psp-secure-technology/

Notebook CPUs (Socket FP2, FS1):

• AMD A4-5150M
  • AMD A6-5350M
  • AMD A6-5357M
  • AMD A8-5550M
  • AMD A8-5557M
  • AMD A10-5750M
  • AMD A10-5757M

I need to find one of those for sale... I cant find a laptop with

• AMD A10-5757M

10 hours ago, Mr. horse said:

Buying a older system with known hardware security flaws because your concerned about your privacy? 

Yeah lets use a less secure system that can be hacked more easily because it doesn't have any government back doors.

Sounds like a grate idea. 

So what ate you doing that you need to hide from your government?

Anyway why not a VIA system? They aren't even suspected to meltdown or Spector 

Really? How can a librebooted core2duo or an AMD A10-5750M which doesn't have PSP be hacked "easily"? what are those security flaws? And why do you think only the government can exploit those chips when it has been demonstrated this is not the case? In any case, why is it ok for you to have a chip which lurks even when your computer is turned off and has complete access to everything you do? Do you not feel creepied out by that?

Anyone that has bitcoins (also known as anyone that isn't an idiot) and wants to keep them safe long term is better off without the proprietary insanity (which will be exploited to steal your money eventually).

On 5/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, Mr. horse said:

meltdown and spectre. As far as I know older platforms never got the fix. And let ne honest here. Useing something as old as a core due(core2 have it) would mean useing a much older OS leaving you even less secure. 

Meltdown and spectre are ME related, librebooted computers disable ME. AMD has no ME.

If the pc is powered of how would thst work? No power = no activity. Its ludicrous to think a chip can be doing things without power. 

Not at all. I have nothing to hide or anything of interest on my computer. That and I know how PCs work. 

https://www.blackhat.com/eu-17/briefings/schedule/#how-to-hack-a-turned-off-computer-or-running-unsigned-code-in-intel-management-engine-8668

And bit coin is a fake fiat currency. If your really smart your put your saving in gold or silver.

The bit coin market is extremely unstable. You could easily wake up to be broke or find they're illegal in your country. 

Bitcoin is not a fiat currency, please go study. The market is becoming less volatile over time. Gold market was unstable with it was small. You are more likely to wake up to the news of asteroid mining plummeting gold prices due increased supply than Bitcoin failing in any way.

Bitcoin has value because it's government resistant, unlike useless gold which can be confiscated on every airport, border etc.