Is sound blaster x fi titanium HD still viable in 2019?

Darylxx

Someone just offered me this used card for freaking 150 us dollar, I dont know why this is still so expensive but I have heard some good reviews about it.

I need a soundcard for my HD598 because I just sold my Soundblaster G5 few months ago and I feel like my headphone with onboard sound has noticeable difference when playing games like PUBG, watching movies and even youtube. 

My HD598 is on steroids when paired with Soundblaster G5, but I think this time I will try Sennheiser GSX 1000 or maybe titanium HD.

Which one would you guys recommend for my headphone? GSX 1000 or Soundblaster Xifi titanium HD 

I play game like 50%, 20% watching movie and 30 youtube videos.

Would I pay $150 for that soundcard. Not a chance. Would I pay $150 for a soundcard to pair with $150 headphones? Definitely not. Not saying your headphones are bad, because they aren't, but they don't warrant THAT high of quality soundcard, especially since your usage doesn't appear to involve music.

If you do want to spend that much, look towards a Soundblaster Z for $100. Much better performance for a lower cost. The Soundblaster ZXR is also a more expensive option with plenty of power. You can also look towards a quality USB dac for around $100 (FiiO E10k isn't bad).

tl;dr no i wouldnt buy that soundcard for $150

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

2 hours ago, BigDamn said:

Would I pay $150 for that soundcard. Not a chance. Would I pay $150 for a soundcard to pair with $150 headphones? Definitely not. Not saying your headphones are bad, because they aren't, but they don't warrant THAT high of quality soundcard, especially since your usage doesn't appear to involve music.

If you do want to spend that much, look towards a Soundblaster Z for $100. Much better performance for a lower cost. The Soundblaster ZXR is also a more expensive option with plenty of power. You can also look towards a quality USB dac for around $100 (FiiO E10k isn't bad).

tl;dr no i wouldnt buy that soundcard for $150

Unfortunately my HD598 costs 349$ in my country :( 

I had G5 once and it was superb with gaming. (not just gaming but every area was improved)

I think I will try sennheiser GSX 1000 then.