From Malaysia, building 500$ Gaming Desktop For Overwatch Recording

Go to solution Solved by trevb0t,
14 hours ago, Speeding said:

Do you think motherboards play significant parts in speed?  I chose this due to numerous people suggesting  B450 but I can't grasp what it entitles. 

Not in speed directly, but more in cooling and power delivery (bot administered by what's called VRMs. The B450 series is going to be the best line of affordable consumer boards. Not all have great VRMs, so some are not really worth having.

Do you also think fans are necessary? 

If you're not overclocking, and the cooler on the GPU is decent, I'd say an exhaust is just fine. Really at least a single intake and exhaust would be a good idea though.

Hey guys I'm from Malaysia and I want to build a 500$ desktop. Is it possible to make one to record overwatch smoothly with no lag? thank you and please recommend me some parts that are in my region if possible. Thank you and have a nice day. 

New products are hitting the market really soon, how long can you wait?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

For just recording or does it need a gpu? Either way, i think a ryzen 2200g system would flt.  Here's a parts list in usd that is under budget. 

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

New products are hitting the market really soon, how long can you wait?

This is such a dilemma for me. I need it now lol but I know I will regret if I buy it soon. but idk when the product will even be released to our region, I'm not sure how quick we are, I imagine not to quick. 

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

For just recording or does it need a gpu? Either way, i think a ryzen 2200g system would flt.  Here's a parts list in usd that is under budget. 

Dumb question, why wouldn't I need a gpu? I would also like to play the game smoothly. 

1 minute ago, Speeding said:

This is such a dilemma for me. I need it now lol but I know I will regret if I buy it soon. but idk when the product will even be released to our region, I'm not sure how quick we are, I imagine not to quick. 

Well, the other dilemma is you gave the price in USD but that won't translate to your market at all. What's your budget in your own regional currency and what narketplaces will you buy from?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Speeding said:

Dumb question, why wouldn't I need a gpu? I would also like to play the game smoothly. 

Well I didn't know if you needed a dedicated recording system, in which case a cpu with an igpu would be fine, but if you need a system that is both playing and recording the game, youre going to need a budget larger than $500 to get near 1080p60fps while recording.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

6 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Well I didn't know if you needed a dedicated recording system, in which case a cpu with an igpu would be fine, but if you need a system that is both playing and recording the game, youre going to need a budget larger than $500 to get near 1080p60fps while recording.

Thank you, I've asked around and im getting the same response. I guess there is no hope for me

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well, the other dilemma is you gave the price in USD but that won't translate to your market at all. What's your budget in your own regional currency and what narketplaces will you buy from?

I can't wait because I really need a new computer at the present moment. My budget in local currency is RM2000 and I will check my local PC store if pausible if not I would go to a tech marketplace called lazada 

2 hours ago, Speeding said:

I can't wait because I really need a new computer at the present moment. My budget in local currency is RM2000 and I will check my local PC store if pausible if not I would go to a tech marketplace called lazada 

I started with this, somewhat decent but affordable motherboard, dual channel ram, a CPU with integrated graphics. You should get a case and power supply from your local shop, as well as storage. Update us with what you have available, letting us advise from a few options will help 

Screenshot_20190529-101953_Chrome.jpg

Primary PC:

Sorry for the late reply. My store has the MSI B450M Pro-m2-v2 is that good enough?  I couldn't find ASROCK anywhere 

Towers are RM150

And storage 170 (250GB SSD).

Cheapest Power Supply I could get are:

Cooler Master MWE 550 230V RM 189

I'm planning on increasing my budget as well because idk if I'm convinced this would be able to record overwatch without lag so I propose:

+AMD Ryzen 5 1600G

+G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB 3000MHz (8GB x2) F4-3000C15D-16GVR RAM

+SAPPHIRE ATI RX 580 8GB DDR5 256Bit (NITRO+ OC RX 580 8GD5) RX580 8G OC VGA Graphic Card(Not sure about this one, if 4GB is enough or 8GB) 

But you can criticize if this is too much optimization or if I can reduce the specs. 

Thank you for reading all this and helping me build.

5 hours ago, Speeding said:

Sorry for the late reply. My store has the MSI B450M Pro-m2-v2 is that good enough?  I couldn't find ASROCK anywhere 

Towers are RM150

And storage 170 (250GB SSD).

Cheapest Power Supply I could get are:

Cooler Master MWE 550 230V RM 189

I'm planning on increasing my budget as well because idk if I'm convinced this would be able to record overwatch without lag so I propose:

+AMD Ryzen 5 1600G

+G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB 3000MHz (8GB x2) F4-3000C15D-16GVR RAM

+SAPPHIRE ATI RX 580 8GB DDR5 256Bit (NITRO+ OC RX 580 8GD5) RX580 8G OC VGA Graphic Card(Not sure about this one, if 4GB is enough or 8GB) 

But you can criticize if this is too much optimization or if I can reduce the specs. 

Thank you for reading all this and helping me build.

The 1600 and an RX 580 will do fine for 1080p High settings in Overwatch with an OBS recording going.

38 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

The 1600 and an RX 580 will do fine for 1080p High settings in Overwatch with an OBS recording going.

Should I go 4GB or 8GB? 

2 minutes ago, Speeding said:

Should I go 4GB or 8GB? 

I mean if you can afford 8GB, do so.

3 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

I mean if you can afford 8GB, do so.

It won't affect anything right if I opt for an OC one? 

3 minutes ago, Speeding said:

It won't affect anything right if I opt for an OC one? 

OC means that the core clocks are going to be a bit higher out of the box.

The VRAM determines the number of Shaders, textures etc that the GPU can compute.

The VRAM also assists heavily in GPU heavy processing, which a lot of recording software falls under.

VRAM and Core clocks are neither the end all be all, but both are equally important.

I'd opt for an 8GB model over and OC 4GB.

You could always overclock it yourself if you want higher clocks.

37 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

The VRAM determines the number of Shaders, textures etc that the GPU can compute.

The VRAM also assists heavily in GPU heavy processing, which a lot of recording software falls under.

VRAM and Core clocks are neither the end all be all, but both are equally important.

Thank you. The 8GB RX480 models are mostly sold with OC settings. 

44 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Do you think motherboards play significant parts in speed?  I chose this due to numerous people suggesting  B450 but I can't grasp what it entitles. 

Not in speed directly, but more in cooling and power delivery (bot administered by what's called VRMs. The B450 series is going to be the best line of affordable consumer boards. Not all have great VRMs, so some are not really worth having.

If you're not overclocking, and the cooler on the GPU is decent, I'd say an exhaust is just fine. Really at least a single intake and exhaust would be a good idea though.