ALIENWARE 15 - NO SOUNDS - WINDOWS 10

Hey all,
My brother gave me his old laptop (Alienware 15) yesterday. Everything works perfectly except for the built in speakers. I've managed to get my audio jacks working by updating to latest audio drivers. But unfortunately my built in speakers does not work. When I asked about it from my brother, He said that, It stopped working after upgrading windows from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

So far I have tried,
Reinstalling windows,
Reinstalling all the audio drivers (at least 50 times :3),|
Updating BIOS
Tried updating drivers a using 3rd party softwares like IObit Driver booster,
I even tried running a hardware scan through the Alienware support assist application.

Basically I tried everything.

Can someone please help me out.
I really want this to work.

TIA,
And sorry about my broken English.

Just now, RicoKuli27 said:

-snip-

what does it say on  "open sound settings" ? sounds like its outputting audio to somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

what does it say on  "open sound settings" ? sounds like its outputting audio to somewhere else. 

Thank you for your fast reply.

Here is a screenshot of my Device manager and the sounds

DM.PNG

1 minute ago, RicoKuli27 said:

Thank you for your fast reply.

Here is a screenshot of my Device manager and the sounds

DM.PNG

oh right alienware and their weird stuff.

is there a way you can make it show disabled devices ?

i believe right click under the "speakers" should bring up a few tabs. 

also have a look in "PC settings" - "system" and "sound" there maybe try to run the troubleshooter. 

also have a look under advanced sound options in the same menu. 

oh right alienware and their weird stuff.

is there a way you can make it show disabled devices ?

i believe right click under the "speakers" should bring up a few tabs. 

also have a look in "PC settings" - "system" and "sound" there maybe try to run the troubleshooter. 

also have a look under advanced sound options in the same menu. 

In the above attached screenshot, the show all disabled and disconnected options are ticked. according to that, There are no disabled or disconnected devices. however my built in microphone is perfectly working :( I'm really getting frustrated now.  

In the above attached screenshot, the show all disabled and disconnected options are ticked. according to that, There are no disabled or disconnected devices. however my built in microphone is perfectly working :( I'm really getting frustrated now.  

are you 100% sure that it failed when installing new OS? no one have opened it or anything ? if its just software related it can most likely be fixed. 

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

are you 100% sure that it failed when installing new OS? no one have opened it or anything ? if its just software related it can most likely be fixed. 

Yes. That's what my brother told me. It was working perfectly when he had windows 8.1 and when I googled the issue. There are so many people who had the same type of issue. I tried so many methods now but non of them worked. at least for me :3

Did u install the recon 3D driver from the dell website or did u use windows update ? (there is a destop version of this chip too maybe u got the wrong drivers ?)

3 minutes ago, RicoKuli27 said:

Yes. That's what my brother told me. It was working perfectly when he had windows 8.1 and when I googled the issue. There are so many people who had the same type of issue. I tried so many methods now but non of them worked. at least for me :3

try to remove the drivers and install the driver for win 8.1. i haven't worked on a alienware before so i have no idea if they have some of the weird software stuff but if its showing up in the sound menu its definitely connecting to something its just outputting the sound wrong or not at all. see if there's a different control panel for the recon stuff maybe its disabled in there? 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Did u install the recon 3D driver from the dell website or did u use windows update ? (there is a destop version of this chip too maybe u got the wrong drivers ?)

I downloaded it from the dell website. But every time I uninstall it, Windows keeps pushing it back everytime I refresh.

try to remove the drivers and install the driver for win 8.1. i haven't worked on a alienware before so i have no idea if they have some of the weird software stuff but if its showing up in the sound menu its definitely connecting to something its just outputting the sound wrong or not at all. see if there's a different control panel for the recon stuff maybe its disabled in there? 

I tried that already. They have a separate control panel for recon devices. I tried that also. Do you think that, It's something related to the hardware side? Do you think my speakers are dead? :/

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

There is 100% some software i had a alienware 15 a few years ago there was something like a alienware sound center 

I tried that already. They have a separate control panel for recon devices. I tried that also. Do you think that, It's something related to the hardware side? Do you think my speakers are dead? :/

100% some alienware software bullshit speakers almost never die and the soundcard shows up in windows 

i mean if they worked and the OS install messed them up its most likely a driver issue i mean what's the chance that the amp dies the same moment you install a new OS ? turn off WIFI when installing the drivers that should keep windows from doing weird shit. never actually came across an audio problem like this so kinda keen on figuring it out . 

4 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

There is 100% some software i had a alienware 15 a few years ago there was something like a alienware sound center 

I can't find a alienware sound center anywhere. :(

i mean if they worked and the OS install messed them up its most likely a driver issue i mean what's the chance that the amp dies the same moment you install a new OS ? turn off WIFI when installing the drivers that should keep windows from doing weird shit. never actually came across an audio problem like this so kinda keen on figuring it out . 

Exactly. I will try disabling internet and reinstalling the drivers.

shit like this is why i never bought a notebook again they always have some stupid special snowflake drivers same with msi/asus installing them offline is worth a try but would windows not do a update again as soon as he goes online i mean its windows 10 >_>

shit like this is why i never bought a notebook again they always have some stupid special snowflake drivers same with msi/asus installing them offline is worth a try but would windows not do a update again as soon as he goes online i mean its windows 10 >_>

This is sooo annoying man. I wasted my whole day to get this shit to work. :/

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

thats why i spent 5 hours in the registry turning off stupid win 10 shit lol. 

4 minutes ago, RicoKuli27 said:

Exactly. I will try disabling internet and reinstalling the drivers.

try CTRL+ALT+S that is the generic weird shortcut for opening the sound center. 

Nop. Not working. Nothing pops up :3

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

Did the same on my surface pro 6 cause windows 10 deletes the fking graphics control center every update awwww its my pc why the fk can i not say NO U DONT 

figured it wouldnt be that easy lol. when you right click the default speaker in the sound what shows up in the menu? 

Did the same on my surface pro 6 cause windows 10 deletes the fking graphics control center every update awwww its my pc why the fk can i not say NO U DONT 

win 10 moto, its not ur system its ours. there's like 4-5 telemetry and monitoring shit tucked in there even after you disable all of them in the initial install. shit scary and eats up performance. 

2 minutes ago, RicoKuli27 said:

also check under properties. imean there must be something there for doing something lol. 

2 minutes ago, RicoKuli27 said:

mindcrank  this is a far fetched idea but change around the "default format" stuff maybe its the same issue that doom had where it just flat out refused to play sound in some bit and HZ 

mindcrank  this is a far fetched idea but change around the "default format" stuff maybe its the same issue that doom had where it just flat out refused to play sound in some bit and HZ 

I already tried all the formats man :( I even turned off audio enhancements from speaker properties. (I saw it on one of the forums from a alienware 15 user. He seems to get it to work after doing what you told me to do.