ALIENWARE 15 - NO SOUNDS - WINDOWS 10

Just now, RicoKuli27 said:

I already tried all the formats man :( I even turned off audio enhancements from speaker properties. (I saw it on one of the forums from a alienware 15 user. He seems to get it to work after doing what you told me to do. 

what does it say under controller info? 

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

what does it say under controller info? 

Controller infoi.PNG

I've personally had issues with my speakers not working too (on a desktop though), and what ended up fixing it for me is updating the bios... ? You could try that. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1 minute ago, RicoKuli27 said:

Controller infoi.PNG

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. im stumped. did you try the win 8.1 drivers aswell ? 

1 minute ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I've personally had issues with my speakers not working too (on a desktop though), and what ended up fixing it for me is updating the bios... ? You could try that. :)

he already did that. wich is why this shit is all hella weird. 

Man I tried that also  :/ tell me how did you update your bios ? Did you just download it from the dell website and installed like a normal software or?

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. im stumped. did you try the win 8.1 drivers aswell ? 

Yes. here. Why does it show 3 jack inputs in the screenshot? when I have only 2 inputs on the notebook. (one for earphones and the other one is for the mic)

Yes. here. Why does it show 3 jack inputs in the screenshot? when I have only 2 inputs on the notebook. (one for earphones and the other one is for the mic)

iguess it has a build in sub wich is technically a jack xD 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

at this point i would just ragequit and sell it to buy a destop do u need a laptop ? i know its not a solution but even reading this makes me mad ^^

was about to say the same thing throw the entire thing out and get a desktop with win xp rofl. 

3 minutes ago, RicoKuli27 said:

Man I tried that also  :/ tell me how did you update your bios ? Did you just download it from the dell website and installed like a normal software or?

Yup, should be just on Dell's website, near the drivers. :) EDIT: installing a newer bios can be as easy as running a .exe, or as difficult as having to mess with a usb stick and stuff. In general, not that difficult though. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

at this point i would just ragequit and sell it to buy a destop do u need a laptop ? i know its not a solution but even reading this makes me mad ^^

haha :D I already have a desktop. but I want to get this to work so I can give it to someone else. I mean this could be really helpful for someone who just started designing and stuff right?

3 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Yup, should be just on Dell's website, near the drivers. :) EDIT: installing a newer bios can be as easy as running a .exe, or as difficult as having to mess with a usb stick and stuff. In general, not that difficult though. :)

I installed it like a normal exe. It said the update was successful :3.

haha :D I already have a desktop. but I want to get this to work so I can give it to someone else. I mean this could be really helpful for someone who just started designing and stuff right?

at this point id sell it for 20$ and get a happymeal lol. what if you try to disable the driver and then reboot and see if it shows up as no driver or whatever. 

as far as i know the older alienwares used tn panels for gaming so hell no u cant do graphic stuff on there the old panels have like 59% srgb (thats horrible)

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

at this point id sell it for 20$ and get a happymeal lol. what if you try to disable the driver and then reboot and see if it shows up as no driver or whatever. 

Lol. Yes, I'll try that also. :D

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

as far as i know the older alienwares used tn panels for gaming so hell no u cant do graphic stuff on there the old panels have like 59% srgb (thats horrible)

yeah maybe.

yeah maybe.

not disable but uninstall ofc. if you have a second desktop id just do it all offline aswell so win 10 doesnt do anything like reinstall stock drivers or w/e. its 100% a driver somewhere thats just not working

yeah maybe.

what gpu/cpu does it have a older decent alienware can get u a few 100 even without sound 

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

not disable but uninstall ofc. if you have a second desktop id just do it all offline aswell so win 10 doesnt do anything like reinstall stock drivers or w/e. its 100% a driver somewhere thats just not working

It has to be software. I'll do as you say tomorrow. I'm done for today. It's 4.00am in here. My brain is about to explode because of this piece of BS :3

Thank you so much for your help!

It has to be software. I'll do as you say tomorrow. I'm done for today. It's 4.00am in here. My brain is about to explode because of this piece of BS :3

Thank you so much for your help!

hha fair enough. hope you sort it out. worst case you can try to go back to win 8.1 

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

what gpu/cpu does it have a older decent alienware can get u a few 100 even without sound 

It has a 970m / Core I7 4th gen / 2X 250gb SSDs and a 1tb HDD and 16gb RAM.

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

hha fair enough. hope you sort it out. worst case you can try to go back to win 8.1 

who would use windows 8.1 thats even worse then 10 xD i would prf headphones over 8.1 hahahah

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

who would use windows 8.1 thats even worse then 10 xD i would prf headphones over 8.1 hahahah

haha yeah for sure but if youre like me and only use ur laptop for netflix you dont really care about whatever else its doing xD

It has a 970m / Core I7 4th gen / 2X 250gb SSDs and a 1tb HDD and 16gb RAM.

bro thats still a decent one easy 700 on ebay even with bugged sound ah and have a good night i mean if u wanna keep it just use some cheap in ears ^^