The Ultimate Compact PC (2019) - Streacom DA2 Review (fixed)

jakkuh_t

We check out the Streacom DA2, by building both a regular high end machine and the ULTIMATE Compact PC, inside of it.

Thanks to Seasonic for sponsoring this video! 

Buy Seasonic PSUs on Amazon: https://lmg.gg/8KV6P 
Buy Seasonic PSUs on Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV61

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

This design concept is very clever and reminds me of the CaseLabs Mercury S3. That thing was a beast ITX case especially when you went custom liquid with the pedestal slapped underneath.

It's also a great example of what you can do when you don't have to adhere to the antiquated ATX spec. Using repositionable rails to mount stuff not only makes better space arrangement, but can let you fit stuff that otherwise wouldn't be possible either due to size, power or thermal constraints.

I hope these guys continue to make other cases for larger motherboard sizes down the road. We need this kind of innovation in the PC space now that CaseLabs is sadly gone.

Image below: My Mercury S8 custom powder coated canary yellow - the only one like it to come out of CaseLabs.

Shelby_first.png

Thought this was another Riley video at first.

What would that final custom loop solution cost ... internals, coolings, labor, etc. ???

VR Snob ... looking for ultimate full-power full-portable no-compromise VR Box ... Streacom's DA2 starting to look good ...

I'd like to do this, but I don't know what to get at EKWB. Linus mentioned that there's not enough room for a reservoir? What do I order then? 

In the video they said that the power supply from Seasonic is super small ( 9:50 ), which is the model number I only see the product family focus plus. In the web site from seasonic the PSU seems to be the same size.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know of any larger cases that use this modular rail system?

Are there any dual CPU motherboards that would allow you to put the best gaming CPU and the best workstation CPU on the same board? If not it would be cool if ASrock made another version of the one Linus used that was as tiny as this one with that capability. Come on Asrock.. let's get even crazier! I don't know if the whole idea is feasible though.. does anyone know?

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, I already have a Streacom Da2 build with a 280mm AIO installed for the CPU, but have been trying my best to work out the exact parts required to copy the custom loop in this video. 

Please could anyone help me out? Ideally I am looking for a parts list.

Thanks guys 😊