Will I be able to use wireless internet if I change from dynamic to static IP on my router?

HypedKid

I want to forward a port on my router to host (25565) Minecraft server and I still can't do that... Maybe I need to change to change my router ip to static? All port checkers say that 25565 is closed

Maybe some other settings needs to be changed?

Will I be able to use wireless internet if I change from dynamic to static IP on my router?

Yes

I want to forward a port on my router to host (25565) Minecraft server and I still can't do that... Maybe I need to change to change my router ip to static?

Yes, you need to make sure your computer always gets the same IP or port forwarding won't work.

6 minutes ago, HypedKid said:

All port checkers say that 25565 is closed

What ip are you checking for open ports on?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yes

Yes, you need to make sure your computer always gets the same IP or port forwarding won't work.

What ip are you checking for open ports on?

94.232.xxx.xxx also, it says that qtorrent port (41062) is open but I didn't do anything

1 minute ago, HypedKid said:

94.232.xxx.xxx

So your external IP...? What router do you have and how did you set up your port forwarding?

3 minutes ago, HypedKid said:

it says that qtorrent port (41062) is open but I didn't do anything

Do you mean qbittorrent? I'm not aware of it requiring any port forwarding at all, the only port it might use is the one for the web interface but it's definitely not 41062 by default...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

54 minutes ago, HypedKid said:

Maybe I need to change to change my router ip to static?

All port checkers say that 25565 is closed

If you change your router WAN configuration to static without knowing the details, you will break your connection to the Internet. Your router should already have a static IP and then be running a DHCP server to clients.

You can set your computer to a static IP, either in the router or in the PC's network settings. And then configure port forwarding to the IP you set.

Are you behind CGNAT? What ISP do you have?

Your torrent client might be using UPNP to trigger the port-forwarding on your router. Minecraft doesn't do that.

HAL9000:聽AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32聽GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server:聽Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial聽Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4聽| Gigabyte B560M-DS3H聽|聽33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server:聽Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16聽GB DDR3聽ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro聽| Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster:聽2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+