psu calculator

johnyb98
6 hours ago, BigRom said:

Also get a B450 chipset at least, A320 chipset won't have support for the newer Ryzen series so your upgrade path is essentially dead. And I think you need to flash the BIOS as well for a 2nd gen Ryzen.

Thanks for saying! It won't be a matter for no upgrade ability. It's about a pharmacy store. The now system stands there for 9 years now. And, with same possibility, the new one above will go the same way. If not 9 years, 3-4 will be fine. But, thanks for your precious information.

As far as it concerns BIOS upgrade, I can do it with no problem.

Just two questions:

a. It may need BIOS upgrade to read 2200G, while I see in ASUS PRIME A320M-K page it supports it? Not native 2200G APU support?

b. Because you mentioned it, I have tried a lot, but still cannot find how. I wan to find if an AMD CPU/APU is 1st or 2nd gen. I have tried A LOT to find a list to distinguish the gens or another way to find the gen of one I want. Could you help me in that?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

Thanks for saying! It won't be a matter for no upgrade ability. It's about a pharmacy store. The now system stands there for 9 years now. And, with same possibility, the new one above will go the same way. If not 9 years, 3-4 will be fine. But, thanks for your precious information.

As far as it concerns BIOS upgrade, I can do it with no problem.

Just two questions:

a. It may need BIOS upgrade to read 2200G, while I see in ASUS PRIME A320M-K page it supports it? Not native 2200G APU support?

b. Because you mentioned it, I have tried a lot, but still cannot find how. I wan to find if an AMD CPU/APU is 1st or 2nd gen. I have tried A LOT to find a list to distinguish the gens or another way to find the gen of one I want. Could you help me in that?

Thanks

Afaik the 300-series chipset had the 320 and 350, these came out with the old Ryzen 1xxx series. So they need to be flashed to support the newer CPUs. I think the B350 can be flashed to support the just announced 3xxx series, but the A320 can't.

If it has a G-suffix (ie 2200G / Athlon 200GE) its an APU, which means it has integrated graphics. In terms of generation, same thing as Intel, the first number of the processor (Ryzen 1xxxx / 2xxx / 3xxx).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

8 hours ago, BigRom said:

Also get a B450 chipset at least, A320 chipset won't have support for the newer Ryzen series so your upgrade path is essentially dead. And I think you need to flash the BIOS as well for a 2nd gen Ryzen.

Golden note!!! Thanks a lot!!

I have searched in ASUS web, and found that in case of installation CPU in AM4 motherboard and unable to boot up with the Ryzen 2000 series Raven Ridge CPU, then need flash BIOS. What exactly you said. Bad thing is that either you need another first generation Ryzen CPU or 7th A series APU for the normal boot, then update the BIOS, or you can also check with a local repair center to assist with this (I guess money cost).

Or you can refer to AMD (link given) to receive a boot kit for doing the flash.

What??????

Why all this mess, while the easy solution is to go for this APU to another mobo. Easy and faster I guess.

So, again, for a beginner like me, another very helpful question. Above you said to go at least to a B450 in order specific APU 2200G to be able to be written immediately without any BIOS update (please confirm that I have well understood). So, how may a beginner may know this twin (mobo BIOS version and APU/CPU model) can be read without a BIOS update? In order normal boot up. Is there any list for max CPU/APU from specific chipsets? And not hit it, like me (almost!!). And avoided thanks to you!!! Many thanks again.

11 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

Golden note!!! Thanks a lot!!

I have searched in ASUS web, and found that in case of installation CPU in AM4 motherboard and unable to boot up with the Ryzen 2000 series Raven Ridge CPU, then need flash BIOS. What exactly you said. Bad thing is that either you need another first generation Ryzen CPU or 7th A series APU for the normal boot, then update the BIOS, or you can also check with a local repair center to assist with this (I guess money cost).

Or you can refer to AMD (link given) to receive a boot kit for doing the flash.

What??????

Why all this mess, while the easy solution is to go for this APU to another mobo. Easy and faster I guess.

So, again, for a beginner like me, another very helpful question. Above you said to go at least to a B450 in order specific APU 2200G to be able to be written immediately without any BIOS update (please confirm that I have well understood). So, how may a beginner may know this twin (mobo BIOS version and APU/CPU model) can be read without a BIOS update? In order normal boot up. Is there any list for max CPU/APU from specific chipsets? And not hit it, like me (almost!!). And avoided thanks to you!!! Many thanks again.

THat's why I recommended using a B450 motherboard, you can just drop in either a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen and it will work. You don't have to flash anything as its backwards compatible with the 1st gen and was made for the 2nd gen anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L