Is this a good budget gaming PC

So, hi. I am in school and on a tight budget and would like to move from using my PS4, Wii and my not the best laptop to a PC. My budget is around 400$ to 420$ My cousin has built some gaming pc before and has gave me a Wi-Fi card and a GTX 950 2GB. When he upgrades one of his PC’s next, he will give me a GTX 1060 6GB. So is this a good budget build. THX for reading and helping.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/LsNhhy

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($129.80 @ Newegg Australia)

Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($70.00 @ PC Byte)

Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($64.60 @ Amazon Australia)

Storage: Patriot - Burst 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($28.99 @ Amazon Australia)

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 950 2 GB Video Card

Case: Cougar - MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case w/500 W Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Case Fan: Deepcool - XFAN 120L/B 44.71 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($8.00 @ Amazon Australia)

Total: $386.39

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-26 09:33 AEST+1000

New Ryzen very soon, worth waiting so that you can get better deals 

6 minutes ago, 9h50pcbuilds said:

Thanks!

Also remember to quote or use @Firewrath9so people see your responses.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, 9h50pcbuilds said:

how long

It's a matter of weeks, they'll be announced in a few days then go on the market soon after. keep an eye on computex news, see what AMD puts out there, and watch as pricing on current gen Ryzen falls to make room for the new stuff.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

47 minutes ago, 9h50pcbuilds said:

You could always try to find a used machine with an older i7 that'll be fine and potentially very cheap.

Otherwise you're going to want a B450 board with a decent VRM at minimum, 3000mhz RAM is going to be useful.

And you probably don't need an extra case fan. Can even just not use a case if you have to, to get a better CPU or Motherboard.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On 5/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, Streetguru said:

You could always try to find a used machine with an older i7 that'll be fine and potentially very cheap.

Otherwise you're going to want a B450 board with a decent VRM at minimum, 3000mhz RAM is going to be useful.

And you probably don't need an extra case fan. Can even just not use a case if you have to, to get a better CPU or Motherboard.

Why B450 vs b350 and others

an extra case fan helps, ive found that in cases with 1-2 fans, an extra one can reduce temps 2-5 degrees.

8 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Why B450 vs b350 and others

an extra case fan helps, ive found that in cases with 1-2 fans, an extra one can reduce temps 2-5 degrees.

Just leave the side panel off to reduce tempature

B450 allows for overclocking, and a decent VRM is good for future upgrades. Pretty much no one should buy an A chipset board, and I think a lot are going to be missing Ryzen 3000 support.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, 9h50pcbuilds said:

@Streetguru i dont really want to do that do dangerous

Not even remotely dangerously lol

You just open Ryzen master, set the voltage to 1.375V or maybe 1.3V with the stock fan, and the frequency to between 3800-4000mhz and run cinebench a few times.

I'd also highly suggest saving up in general if possible, to get at least an R5 1600 6 core, but I don't know what the price jump would be.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, 9h50pcbuilds said:

@Streetguru ok thx

If nothing else at least get a 240GB SSD in there so you don't immediately run out of space.

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Not even remotely dangerously lol

You just open Ryzen master, set the voltage to 1.375V or maybe 1.3V with the stock fan, and the frequency to between 3800-4000mhz and run cinebench a few times.

I'd also highly suggest saving up in general if possible, to get at least an R5 1600 6 core, but I don't know what the price jump would be.

Ryzen Master is a faff, might as well just go in the BIOS and do it there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

At this price point, you'll end up with much better performance if you buy used components. 

Check your local classifieds, you might be surprised at what you'll fine. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord